SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New builder question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New builder question Login/Join 
Picture of jbcummings
posted
I’ve got a stripped lower receiver I bought and one of my grandsons and I are going to assemble it over Christmas break. I filled out the 4473 for it, but of course I didn’t get to see how the LGS filled out their portion. I’m assuming question 16 (pistol/rifle/other) was checked as other.

So my question is, if we decided to build it as a rifle (not SBR) then later decide to go as a pistol are there any potential issues? I haven’t found any reference so far, but thought some of you more experienced guys might know.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I believe you can't go Rifle(original build)->Pistol but you can go Pistol(original build)<->Rifle.

quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
I’ve got a stripped lower receiver I bought and one of my grandsons and I are going to assemble it over Christmas break. I filled out the 4473 for it, but of course I didn’t get to see how the LGS filled out their portion. I’m assuming question 16 (pistol/rifle/other) was checked as other.

So my question is, if we decided to build it as a rifle (not SBR) then later decide to go as a pistol are there any potential issues? I haven’t found any reference so far, but thought some of you more experienced guys might know.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
A stripped lower should be cleared as "Other" on a 4473, if done correctly. And as stated above, your not suppose to go from a rifle to a pistol... once it's a rifle.

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info.
So basically go one or the other and get a new lower if you want to have the other. Got it!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Yep.

Rifle first it has to stay a rifle.

Stupid, but that's the law.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post