SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What's that box on top of the rifle scope ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's that box on top of the rifle scope ? Login/Join 
posted
Flipped on the tv show called Seal Team, A guy with a semi auto rifle had 3 bad guys in his scope. On top of his scope was a box, aprox. 4 "x 4" x 1.25." it had two circles on the muzzle end. Side by side, if those were lenses, they had covers on them. Jus curious.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
This one? Mounted on the scope is a Wilcox RAPTAR, which is a combo infrared illuminator, laser, and rangefinder.

https://www.wilcoxind.com/product_combat_raptar-s.php

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If not that one,something very similar. Thanks for the link, Big Grin now I gotta go Google all that tech lingo, I get the gist though.

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ANPEQ?

https://www.eotechinc.com/tact...uminatoraiming-laser

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The one on the tv show looked like the one above

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
The one on the tv show looked like the one above

Well, I would hope so... The image I posted is a still from the Seal Team TV show. Big Grin

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin did you get the make and model of that rifle?

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep. It's a Knights Armament SR-25EC

You can get your very own for a cool $4k. (Not counting the red dot, suppresor, bipod, sling, scope, mount, or laser.)

Altogether, that's at least $15,000 in hardware in that configuration, with over half being the RAPTAR itself.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
ANPEQ?

https://www.eotechinc.com/tact...uminatoraiming-laser

I used to have one of those on my issue M4. The device on the rifle in Rogue's picture is not a PEQ-15, the shape and lens covers are wrong. I believe Rogue is correct.

Also, you usually put the PEQ-15 on the rail above the barrel as far forward as possible.

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cd228, you don't happen to have a pic of that rifle you carried laying around ?

posted Hide Post
After watching a couple of you tube videos,
It would take me a month to learn how to use that thing.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Cd228, you don't happen to have a pic of that rifle you carried laying around ?

Nope, I'm not very photogenic.

however: I did find a picture on the net that showed a similar configuration on flikr at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/peosoldier/16092772320

The soldier in the center has the PEQ-15 against the front sight post and the aimpoint. However, I also had my aimpoint at the front of the upper receiver, and a BUIS behind the aimpoint. The rail is wrong (I always had a RAS, usually KAC) and I always used a sling. But the picture shows the PEQ-15 (or clone) in front of the aimpoint in the top rail for you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CD228,

Posts: 4547 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post