SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Swedish Army AK5
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swedish Army AK5 Login/Join 
posted
We're on vacation in Stockholm and caught the noontime ceremony at the Royal Palace, which has three or four GI guards at fixed posts in dress uniform.

Several guys in camo were sttting up stanchions before the ceremony, and I got a good shot of a rifle with what looked like an AR mag. After some research, I learned it's the Carl Gustav (who also makes the AT-4) AK5. Here's info:

http://smallarmsreview.com/dis...e.cfm?idarticles=163

In a few minutes Bald1 will post my photo.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
I've always liked the AK5. I really wish that a semi auto version would be imported.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ That would be prepper heaven, and probably a lot of fun to shoot. I have an M90NP and I've shot a converted Saiga; 5.56 AK derivatives definitely seem to be worth trying.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Despite the designation, the AK5 isn’t a 5.56 AK-47. It’s a modified version of the FN FNC, which already exists in semi-auto form. I believe some people have converted their FNCs into AK5s.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Yes, there is a thread on M4C where a guy did an AK5 conversion from an FNC.

It's an FNC built by Carl Gustov under license with some modifications.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yep, member FeistyCrawfish had it.

I have three FNC's and I put AK5 parts on one of them.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I regret not jumping full bore into the NFA Full Auto game back in 2010 - I could have gotten an FNC & Sear for $6500 - yeah, a lot but not close to what you’d pay today.

Ever since it was on the cover of a gun rag in my youth, I’ve lusted for an FNC.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
My FNC with AK5 bits on it:

And it next to the FNC Para I also have:

This is the fixed stock rifle with the sear in it

posted Hide Post
Interesting, your FNC Para has a S/N on the rear of the lower receiver and not the upper.

Posts: 266 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I think its on both...the upper is marked about the "Howco" but the glare from the light washes it out