SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    possible deal alert: saw this at Midway--- $229 for a Stoner AR upper w/ BCG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

possible deal alert: saw this at Midway--- $229 for a Stoner AR upper w/ BCG Login/Join 
posted
Probably wouldn't go with this for duty / HD but might be a good back-up to a backup.

Complete with BCG. Not too familiar with Stoner but I thought I'd share.

https://www.midwayusa.com/prod...y-556x45mm-16-barrel

The reviews for the other Stoner uppers are solid.

This one is not chrome-lined but does have the M4-cut feedramps according to the specs.

(not affiliated with this vendor in any way).

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
That Stoner fellow...I think I've heard of him before Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
That Stoner fellow...I think I've heard of him before Wink

No doubt! Smile

An American Icon.

--------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
OK, so there are some important things to note.

The upper is an "AR Stoner," not a "Stoner AR," this is important.

Knights Armament has the license for the SR-15, SR-25 and more, so they can and do call things "Stoner Rifle." Their products are of high quality, and expensive.

Just because this thing has Stoner in its name, means bupkiss. The price alone has me skeptical.

Names are almost meaningless now, what with so many WWII names rebranded, and now this pseudospeak "AR Stoner" nonsense.

Maybe they're fine, but $250 for a complete upper?

You can buy new rifles that say a variety of things on them, Springfield Armory was the pioneer here. It's obfuscation for profit.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Midway has been selling "AR Stoner" as their house brand AR stuff for several years now. Some reviews have been less than stellar, but of course you get that from some folks about anything not Colt priced or higher. I don't have any direct experience with them, but I wouldn't be afraid to give them a shot for my uses shooting paper or varmints.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
So, "AR Stoner" is then the equivalent of store brand? Why pay for name brand toilet paper or detergent? It's all the same....

Basically, still what I'm saying about the use of names applies. They had to call it something, while it may or may not be shit, no one is really controlling whether the name Stoner should be attached.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post