SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    FINALLY, I found a Remmy Police Marine Magnum Shotgun!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FINALLY, I found a Remmy Police Marine Magnum Shotgun!! Login/Join 
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted
Sssssup guys. As some may know I love to hunt Wild Hogs and I have used everything from 30-30, .35, 30-06, .308, 10mm, .458 Socom, 45-70, 12 gauge for the piggies. I hunt in some nasty-ass weather and country so my equipment gets a real workout.
About a year ago I found out about a version of the tried and true Remington 870 that really caught my attention. This particular model is rare and talk about LOW maintenance.....
It’s a Remmy Police Marine Magnum! There are Marine Magnums all day long, but the “Police” version has NO MIM, and everything is Nickel Plated and factory sights! I did change out the forearm and stock and now we are ready! I LOVE this stick!!

https://imgur.com/a/qpwkHnJ

I haven’t felt a NEW pump shotty that EVER felt this smooth!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sybo,

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's a nice looking shotgun, congrats.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
How much? I just handled one yesterday at a LGS

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
You found one with Front and Rear sight! Awesome! They are around $700-ish. You gonna get it?

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Man that is a great looking shotty!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
So is has no MIM parts ... Made In Mexico?

Congrats, I hope it serves you well!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
You found one with Front and Rear sight! Awesome! They are around $700-ish. You gonna get it?

I think it was $799. I was bit surprised it had a plastic trigger assembly on it but was a police marine magnum. Thought all police models got metal triggers

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Edit your subject line to tell members what your thread is about, please.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want one!

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Para, just saw this and corrected

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:

I think it was $799. I was bit surprised it had a plastic trigger assembly on it but was a police marine magnum. Thought all police models got metal triggers

I bought a police 870 at least 6 years ago and it came with a plastic trigger guard. So ...

The plastic is stronger and more durable than the Aluminum one. So a good choice for a police gun.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Sybo, is the receiver stamped “870 Marine Magnum”? Or “870 Police Marine Magnum”? What is the Model Number? I looked around the internet and did not come across anything that is stamped “Police Marine Magnum”.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ador,

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Remington marine magnum is not a police magnum. They are different but both have their strong points and the police model has upgraded parts and I think some mistake the marine model as a police gun because of the look of its short barrel and mag extension. I put an 20 inch marine barrel on my remington police model does that make it a marine police magnum?

Posts: 205 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post