SIGforum
FINALLY, I found a Remmy Police Marine Magnum Shotgun!!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2260036454

March 17, 2019, 06:55 AM
sybo
FINALLY, I found a Remmy Police Marine Magnum Shotgun!!
Sssssup guys. As some may know I love to hunt Wild Hogs and I have used everything from 30-30, .35, 30-06, .308, 10mm, .458 Socom, 45-70, 12 gauge for the piggies. I hunt in some nasty-ass weather and country so my equipment gets a real workout.
About a year ago I found out about a version of the tried and true Remington 870 that really caught my attention. This particular model is rare and talk about LOW maintenance.....
It’s a Remmy Police Marine Magnum! There are Marine Magnums all day long, but the “Police” version has NO MIM, and everything is Nickel Plated and factory sights! I did change out the forearm and stock and now we are ready! I LOVE this stick!!

https://imgur.com/a/qpwkHnJ

I haven’t felt a NEW pump shotty that EVER felt this smooth!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sybo,
March 17, 2019, 07:58 AM
joatmonv
That's a nice looking shotgun, congrats.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.
March 17, 2019, 10:22 AM
PGT
How much? I just handled one yesterday at a LGS
March 18, 2019, 06:12 AM
sybo
You found one with Front and Rear sight! Awesome! They are around $700-ish. You gonna get it?
March 18, 2019, 07:12 AM
myrottiety
Man that is a great looking shotty!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
March 18, 2019, 12:56 PM
Excam_Man
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0079934?r=4860079934

March 18, 2019, 03:39 PM
kimberkid
So is has no MIM parts ... Made In Mexico?

Congrats, I hope it serves you well!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
March 18, 2019, 03:51 PM
PGT
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:
You found one with Front and Rear sight! Awesome! They are around $700-ish. You gonna get it?

I think it was $799. I was bit surprised it had a plastic trigger assembly on it but was a police marine magnum. Thought all police models got metal triggers
March 18, 2019, 03:53 PM
parabellum
Edit your subject line to tell members what your thread is about, please.
March 21, 2019, 08:38 PM
chessiedog1
I want one!

Keep Americans working, buy American made!
March 24, 2019, 11:26 PM
sybo
Para, just saw this and corrected
March 31, 2019, 08:16 PM
bubbatime
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
Originally posted by sybo:

I think it was $799. I was bit surprised it had a plastic trigger assembly on it but was a police marine magnum. Thought all police models got metal triggers

I bought a police 870 at least 6 years ago and it came with a plastic trigger guard. So ...

The plastic is stronger and more durable than the Aluminum one. So a good choice for a police gun.

April 08, 2019, 08:32 PM
ador
Sybo, is the receiver stamped “870 Marine Magnum”? Or “870 Police Marine Magnum”? What is the Model Number? I looked around the internet and did not come across anything that is stamped “Police Marine Magnum”.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ador,

April 09, 2019, 12:14 AM
desmosedeci
The Remington marine magnum is not a police magnum. They are different but both have their strong points and the police model has upgraded parts and I think some mistake the marine model as a police gun because of the look of its short barrel and mag extension. I put an 20 inch marine barrel on my remington police model does that make it a marine police magnum?