SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Is the VZ58/2008 still in production?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is the VZ58/2008 still in production? Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted
I see a few for sale here and there, along with the occasional Vz58. But no stores or FFL sites have them. Its all on classifieds and auction sites. Most forum search results are old discussions. Just curious if i should find a decent deal on a used one or keep waiting for a new one to come up somewhere - or maybe im not looking in the right spot.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PorterN,

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think the Century Arms VZ2008s are still being produced, but you can "check" with this company: https://www.czechpoint-usa.com...8-rifles-762-x-39-mm

I have a VZ2008 I picked up for a really good deal at a gun show last year and it's a very cool rifle. I need to shoot it more. BTW, if you do look for a used VZ2008, do some research on the bolt carrier modification that the early VZ2008s had to ensure reliable trigger reset. Apparently Czechpoint sued CAI over a patent for a modification they developed to weld a tab to the carrier to reset the sear. Later CAI guns may not have it, although there are private gunsmiths who will add it.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post