SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Does Anybody Have A Lil' P On An AR?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Anybody Have A Lil' P On An AR? Login/Join 
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted
Specifically on a pistol or SBR? I ordered one today based upon reviews, and I intend to mount it on a 10.5" upper. I'd like to read of your experiences with the combination. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
a what now?
I googled it and all i got was some rapper

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1522 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
a what now?
I googled it and all i got was some rapper

https://www.bushnell.com/produ...t-lil-p-prism-sight/

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
I just put one an an MPX pistol and like it a lot. I have astigmatism and Red Dots don't work well for me. I'm still getting used to it but I'm thinking about getting one for a 300 BO SBR I have.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Most interesting. Do those come with a low (no 'real' elevation) mount?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I have a Steiner M332 and it is now more usable than my beloved ACOG’s now that I have Astigmatism and need bifocals. I’m tempted by the Primary Arms ACSS Cyclops type prism sights.
https://www.primaryarms.com/pa...d-acss-reticle-black

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Most interesting. Do those come with a low (no 'real' elevation) mount?
They're supposed to come with a low and high-rise mount. There is a YT video unboxing from a store in Texas that shows it. A thread on arf mentioned that some brand of BUIS are absolute co-witness with the tall mount. I can measure the low mount to center of optic mounted and see about sight picture whenever it comes in. BTW, Natchez has them for $150, and with Texas tax/shipping, it is about $10 less than on Bushnell's site (IDK if the charge for shipping).

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Someone over there posted that they measured 'base to centerline' at .86". If you dig AKs, low-lying sights are the only way to go unless you're good with a chin rest rather than a cheek rest. The reticle looks great, and I'm definitely tempted.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
Specifically on a pistol or SBR? I ordered one today based upon reviews, and I intend to mount it on a 10.5" upper. I'd like to read of your experiences with the combination. Thanks in advance.

I had one on a 10.5 upper. Took it to the range last week. I do have some vision problems but I tried it with my prescription glasses and with my reading glasses. The reticle looked so tiny to me I couldn’t even put two shots in a 4MOA square at 25 yds with it. I would have given you mine if I’d known you wanted one.

It’s probably one of those things where it’s a decent product, just not what I need. I stuck an MRO on that upper and shot better just using safety glasses.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Baron Flynt:
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:

I had one on a 10.5 upper. Took it to the range last week. I do have some vision problems but I tried it with my prescription glasses and with my reading glasses. The reticle looked so tiny to me I couldn’t even put two shots in a 4MOA square at 25 yds with it. I would have given you mine if I’d known you wanted one.

It’s probably one of those things where it’s a decent product, just not what I need. I stuck an MRO on that upper and shot better just using safety glasses.
Thanks for the information and kind offer. Perhaps you might give it in a karma here, if you are still inclined to see it get a good home. I'm hopeful it'll work out for me.

Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
It just came in, so I haven't had a chance to sight it in, but here's a few pictures.

It is super-tiny, and it seems decent quality in first impression. It is made in China.

It very nearly would work for me with the low-rise mount, but this is much more natural sighting with the high-rise mount.

Line-of-sight off the rail top with the high-rise mount.

Not a great picture of the reticle lighting, but there's plenty of pictures and videos out there. Mainly this was to demonstrate illumination. It's nicely bright, and the red is a cooler tone that really makes it easy to acquire.

Sigfreund was kind enough to provide bullet drop data for a 10.5" barrel with 62 grain bullets, and I'll be sighting in at 50 yards. When I get it dialed-in, I'll post any follow-up impressions I find noteworthy.