SIGforum
Does Anybody Have A Lil' P On An AR?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2230028764

March 20, 2020, 07:25 PM
Opus Dei
Does Anybody Have A Lil' P On An AR?
Specifically on a pistol or SBR? I ordered one today based upon reviews, and I intend to mount it on a 10.5" upper. I'd like to read of your experiences with the combination. Thanks in advance.
March 20, 2020, 11:47 PM
creslin
a what now?
I googled it and all i got was some rapper

This is where my signature goes.
March 21, 2020, 12:54 AM
CandyMan.45
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
a what now?
I googled it and all i got was some rapper

https://www.bushnell.com/produ...t-lil-p-prism-sight/
March 21, 2020, 06:18 AM
shoevb
I just put one an an MPX pistol and like it a lot. I have astigmatism and Red Dots don't work well for me. I'm still getting used to it but I'm thinking about getting one for a 300 BO SBR I have.
March 22, 2020, 02:05 PM
Il Cattivo
Most interesting. Do those come with a low (no 'real' elevation) mount?
March 22, 2020, 03:37 PM
10X-Shooter
I have a Steiner M332 and it is now more usable than my beloved ACOG’s now that I have Astigmatism and need bifocals. I’m tempted by the Primary Arms ACSS Cyclops type prism sights.
https://www.primaryarms.com/pa...d-acss-reticle-black
March 22, 2020, 08:58 PM
Opus Dei
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Most interesting. Do those come with a low (no 'real' elevation) mount?
They're supposed to come with a low and high-rise mount. There is a YT video unboxing from a store in Texas that shows it. A thread on arf mentioned that some brand of BUIS are absolute co-witness with the tall mount. I can measure the low mount to center of optic mounted and see about sight picture whenever it comes in. BTW, Natchez has them for $150, and with Texas tax/shipping, it is about $10 less than on Bushnell's site (IDK if the charge for shipping).
March 22, 2020, 09:43 PM
Il Cattivo
Thanks. Someone over there posted that they measured 'base to centerline' at .86". If you dig AKs, low-lying sights are the only way to go unless you're good with a chin rest rather than a cheek rest. The reticle looks great, and I'm definitely tempted.
March 23, 2020, 04:14 PM
Baron Flynt
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
Specifically on a pistol or SBR? I ordered one today based upon reviews, and I intend to mount it on a 10.5" upper. I'd like to read of your experiences with the combination. Thanks in advance.

I had one on a 10.5 upper. Took it to the range last week. I do have some vision problems but I tried it with my prescription glasses and with my reading glasses. The reticle looked so tiny to me I couldn’t even put two shots in a 4MOA square at 25 yds with it. I would have given you mine if I’d known you wanted one.

It’s probably one of those things where it’s a decent product, just not what I need. I stuck an MRO on that upper and shot better just using safety glasses.
March 23, 2020, 08:09 PM
Opus Dei
quote:
Originally posted by Baron Flynt:
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:

I had one on a 10.5 upper. Took it to the range last week. I do have some vision problems but I tried it with my prescription glasses and with my reading glasses. The reticle looked so tiny to me I couldn’t even put two shots in a 4MOA square at 25 yds with it. I would have given you mine if I’d known you wanted one.

It’s probably one of those things where it’s a decent product, just not what I need. I stuck an MRO on that upper and shot better just using safety glasses.
Thanks for the information and kind offer. Perhaps you might give it in a karma here, if you are still inclined to see it get a good home. I'm hopeful it'll work out for me.
April 09, 2020, 06:32 PM
Opus Dei
It just came in, so I haven't had a chance to sight it in, but here's a few pictures.

It is super-tiny, and it seems decent quality in first impression. It is made in China.

It very nearly would work for me with the low-rise mount, but this is much more natural sighting with the high-rise mount.

Line-of-sight off the rail top with the high-rise mount.

Not a great picture of the reticle lighting, but there's plenty of pictures and videos out there. Mainly this was to demonstrate illumination. It's nicely bright, and the red is a cooler tone that really makes it easy to acquire.

Sigfreund was kind enough to provide bullet drop data for a 10.5" barrel with 62 grain bullets, and I'll be sighting in at 50 yards. When I get it dialed-in, I'll post any follow-up impressions I find noteworthy.