SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Henry side gate loading dreamers ...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Henry side gate loading dreamers ... Login/Join 
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted
you’re dreams have come true.

https://www.henryusa.com/rifle...e-gate-lever-action/

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Well, how about that! Sweet!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Note to add.....It still has the Henry loading tube but they’ve added a loading gate.

Best of both worlds perhaps....

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I hope they expand the line to other pistol calibers.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
Make it in .44 Magnum!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3436 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Neat.

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I'm in for a suppressor ready .357 and .22

I almost bought their current .22 Frontier threaded barrel, but that long 24" barrel, and the short tube combo was too... bleh. I don't want/need a handy little .22 with a dang 24" barrel. I understand why they did it, hopefully the loading gate comes to .22 and they try it again.

I would break out my wallet right now for a .357 big boy, case hardened, optic rail, side loading gate, threaded barrel, big loop, 16" carbine, octagon barrel.

Basically this with the threaded bbl and loading gate, I can manage a mount (either receiver or rear sight replacement)
https://www.hyattgunstore.com/...s/D/medium-10206.jpg

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
45lc please

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
.41mag and I'm buying one.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
I'm in for a suppressor ready .357 and .22

I almost bought their current .22 Frontier threaded barrel, but that long 24" barrel, and the short tube combo was too... bleh. I don't want/need a handy little .22 with a dang 24" barrel. I understand why they did it, hopefully the loading gate comes to .22 and they try it again.

I would break out my wallet right now for a .357 big boy, case hardened, optic rail, side loading gate, threaded barrel, big loop, 16" carbine, octagon barrel.

Basically this with the threaded bbl and loading gate, I can manage a mount (either receiver or rear sight replacement)
https://www.hyattgunstore.com/...s/D/medium-10206.jpg

Yep. A .357 would be sweet, as would a .22, both threaded of course.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While close to standard in centerfire calibers I have never seen a gate loaded .22

Posts: 3269 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
While close to standard in centerfire calibers I have never seen a gate loaded .22

Yup. Thought the same thing. Wouldn’t work.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
I hope they expand the line to other pistol calibers.

A .357 lever gun with gate is on my current want list.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Just when I thought my gun buying bug had gone into remission....

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The minute Henry includes pistol caliber cartridges to the list, they won’t be able to make them fast enough.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I've gotta say, even without the loading gate, my Henry All-Weather 45-70 is a true WIN in my books! I can see never selling it!!! Great news!!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post