SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Coolest new gun I have had in a long time
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coolest new gun I have had in a long time Login/Join 
posted
I picked up this new Keltec CMR 30 in 22 Mag under their Mil/LE program for $517. It was worth every penny. The gun is very light (4.4lbs w/ red dot and magnifier) has a great trigger and the accuracy is crazy. Using the Aimpoint 3x and red dot, it shot 1 hole groups at 25 yds with 3 different brands of ammo. I will test it at 50 and 100 yds in a few weeks. 31 rds of 22 mag with a spare mag holding another 30 rds makes for a nice hiking, truck, or camp gun.

Posts: 1090 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
You know, at a cockeyed glance, that thing has a little bit of the look of the ubiquitous 80s TV HK94's with a modern bent. Big Grin

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7620 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fullmann
posted Hide Post
I’ve been toying with getting a CMR30/PMR30 combo for a little bit. I stumbled onto a stack of 22mag and they’ve been calling my name.

Maybe it’s time to start looking again.

Posts: 412 | Location: Mid Michigan  | Registered: June 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fullmann:
I’ve been toying with getting a CMR30/PMR30 combo for a little bit. I stumbled onto a stack of 22mag and they’ve been calling my name.

Maybe it’s time to start looking again.

If you stumble a little harder and some of that 22 mag were to fall this direction, I would pay you for it Wink Big Grin.

Posts: 1090 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
So what tasty animal is that slated to gather? I have seen people online use them for squirrel (I think) hunting.

Posts: 9941 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quiet observer
posted Hide Post
Those have always reminded me of the HK MP7. Looks like fun.

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 985 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
Just got a CMR30 as well and it seems like a really cool gun, nicer than I expected. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but hope to do so in the next week... IF I can find some ammo for it... LOL Roll Eyes Big Grin

Posts: 2676 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I handled one when it still wore the RMR30 name. Really want one.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15130 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Poor mans HK MP7, I dig it!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My buddy has one we took out this past weekend. At 35 yards will ping the target as fast as you can pull the trigger every time even with the standard sights.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
A lot of fun and accurate as well. I have both the carbine and the pistol. Really like the mags interchange.

Posts: 670 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If one had to use the CMR30 or a SBR CMR30 as a personal defensive weapon, what do you think the maximum effective range would be ??? 50 meters ?? Thoughts or opinions ??? God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
If one had to use the CMR30 or a SBR CMR30 as a personal defensive weapon, what do you think the maximum effective range would be ??? 50 meters ?? Thoughts or opinions ??? God Bless Smile

Speer's Gold Dots for .22 WMRF hold about 71% of their energy out to 100 yards, and this from a 1.9-inch barrel.

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Oh, that looks like FUN! What a cool gun!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12740 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Nice setup! I have a PMR30 I love and have it fully upgraded with the MCARBO upgrades. Would love to have this added and fortunately have a fair amount of .22 WMR. Enjoy that and if you haven’t, check out the MCARBO stainless feedramp, flat trigger, upgraded recoil spring, and mag release. Makes it more reliable in feeding and the trigger is adjustable for take up and reset - a bit fiddle to get right but not bad.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Screams to SBR'ed! Big Grin

Great gun!

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8835 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

I have that one's grandpa, a Grendel R-31. I had the best luck with CCI ammo.

The R-31 was a real pain to take apart and clean, so I hope they fixed that part of it.

Posts: 9103 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:

Speer's Gold Dots for .22 WMRF hold about 71% of their energy out to 100 yards, and this from a 1.9-inch barrel.

Thanks !!! If I remember correctly .22Magnum out of the CMR30 has about the similar energy as 9mm out of a short barrel handgun. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3053 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Statistics must be complete to be effective. The following is a combination of data from the Ballistics by the Inch website and JBM Ballistics. Assumes a 30 grain JHP bullet at sea level at summer temps.

16" barrel
muzzle velocity of 2250 fps
muzzle energy of 338 foot pounds -- which is in the ballpark of a 9mm handgun

100 yards velocity of 1491 fps
100 yards energy of 148 foot pounds -- which is only 44% of muzzle energy. The loss in energy indicates the challenges a .22 bullet faces at higher speeds, and as it goes transonic.

2" barrel
muzzle velocity of 1000 fps
muzzle energy of 67 foot pounds -- which is really low

100 yards velocity of 840 fps
100 yards energy of 47 fps -- which is really low, but 70% of muzzle energy

Posts: 7844 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post