SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Is this the best pistol brace?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is this the best pistol brace? Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
Any experience with this brace? Going to put a BCM 11.5 ELW upper on it.

http://palmettostatearmory.com...black-516446451.html

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got two of them. Both on pistol marked Aero lowers. I really like them, they have held up for me so far.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If you don't need the adjust-ability feature, the standard version is a better deal. none of the spongy sloppy feel of the Sig brace, and a very solid shoulder weld. A good bit less expensive to boot.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the SBPDW on both of my AR pistols and it is very nice, but it’s also fairly heavy due the the steel rods and the big aluminum latch block. Also, when in the fully collapsed position, the rods block the rear takedown pin. Not a real problem, just for information.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Good info so far. Thanks.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Very happy with mine.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How's it shoulder?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
How's it shoulder?

My guess is we’ll get a response in 6-9 months.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heavyd:
My guess is we’ll get a response in 6-9 months.
...from the Ministry of Silly Walks and Some Guy's Opinion.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
The SBA3 is just as good of a brace and costs about $75. That's what I use.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

Where do you find them for $75? They are $169 on the sb-tactical website.

https://www.sb-tactical.com/product/sba3/

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

I presume he meant $75 LESS.

If not I too would like to know where it can be had for $75.

I have a PDW waiting for me to put this 9mm together.
Looking at the SB3 for my 10mm I am still collecting parts for.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The PDW brace is everything I want, except short.
I will probably go with something cheaper and the LAW folder for the next one that I actually want to carry around.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
How's it shoulder?

I have one That I bought for my Sig 516 pistol. After I installed it I realized it would not collapse because the 516 has QD sling mounts in the rear of the receiver that block the rods from moving forward. After being mad, and then laughing at myself (for not reading the fine print on the SB website that says clearly it wont work on the 516)I took it off and installed it on my DD Mk18 pistol lower. Everything works as it should, and feels good. Solid. Shoulders similar enough to a regular collapsing stock. No issues or quirks there. I only have one complaint.... just about every time I shoulder it, my beard gets hung in it somewhere/somehow. I may not pull any out, or a couple hairs, but regardless, I think its annoying. May not happen to everyone. For that reason alone, I'll prolly wind up selling it. Other than that, It's as I expected, maybe a little better. I think I'll replace it with new Sb adjustable brace.

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2490 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

$129 at midwayusa.com

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
It came in. I like how sturdy it is but it weighs a lot.

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I think I've seen them at PSA for as low as $250 but I passed every time. Now I wish I had gotten one because I don't recall it being that low for quite a while.

This AR platform gets so addicting. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I think I've seen them at PSA for as low as $250 but I passed every time. Now I wish I had gotten one because I don't recall it being that low for quite a while.

This AR platform gets so addicting. Big Grin

The SBPDW was $216 at Midway in early May when I bought my two.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post