SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Going Rat Blasting Tonight
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going Rat Blasting Tonight Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
CB longs was what we were using.

I think I will try the lighter Aguila next time.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Looks fun!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in the early 60's when I was attending Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, Oklahoma, we use to go to the city dump west of town at night and shoot rats with .22s. That would be unheard of now!

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Rat's everywhere!

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
how many do you get in a night?

would be neat to see a pic of them laid out in a row, like some of the old meat hunter pics in black and white from back in the day

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Nice videos. Definitely a target rich environment!

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Damn that looks like fun.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:

would be neat to see a pic of them laid out in a row, like some of the old meat hunter pics in black and white from back in the day

It was 100% pitch black in the chicken house.

I know I killed at least 100 as Nen reloaded my mags over 10 times. It is A LOT harder than it looks.

The telescope sits three inches above bore on my rifle and is sighted in for 75 feet. Any closer and I have to aim substantially higher or it will ricochet so no head shot attempts. I had to wait for them to get in a position I could make a for sure body shot. I might have gotten off two head shots.

A ricochet means a wounded chicken. I pissed the whole flock off when I body shot a small one and it exited, bounced off the floor and sailed into the rafters at the other end and then flew in pieces back into the roosting chickens. It didn't harm one because of the energy loss, but they went EVERYWHERE. These are only 715 FPS bullets. I NEED much slower ammo, but it's all I have.

I was planning on bagging them up, but I could not see without the telescope and light would have upset the chickens.

I need some goggles now!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

I need some goggles now!

Going all Buffalo Bill on them eh??

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It was 100% pitch black in the chicken house.

I know I killed at least 100 as Nen reloaded my mags over 10 times. It is A LOT harder than it looks.

The telescope sits three inches above bore on my rifle and is sighted in for 75 feet. Any closer and I have to aim substantially higher or it will ricochet so no head shot attempts. I had to wait for them to get in a position I could make a for sure body shot. I might have gotten off two head shots.

A ricochet means a wounded chicken. I pissed the whole flock off when I body shot a small one and it exited, bounced off the floor and sailed into the rafters at the other end and then flew in pieces back into the roosting chickens. It didn't harm one because of the energy loss, but they went EVERYWHERE. These are only 715 FPS bullets. I NEED much slower ammo, but it's all I have.

I was planning on bagging them up, but I could not see without the telescope and light would have upset the chickens.

I need some goggles now!

have you tried Aquila Colibri?

https://www.aguilaammo.com/rimfire/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:

https://www.aguilaammo.com/rimfire/

AH! The 420FPS will be PERFECT!!!!

I will go to Adventure Outdoors and see if they have them!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

AH! The 420FPS will be PERFECT!

It's my understanding that Colibri contains no powder -- the "propellant" is just the primer. The bullet is only 20 grains, and the muzzle energy is quite low.

I've seen warnings that colibri shouldn't be used in rifles, only revolvers. The bullet is moving so slowly that it may get lodged in a rifle barrel.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
quote:

AH! The 420FPS will be PERFECT!

It's my understanding that Colibri contains no powder -- the "propellant" is just the primer. The bullet is only 20 grains, and the muzzle energy is quite low.

I've seen warnings that colibri shouldn't be used in rifles, only revolvers. The bullet is moving so slowly that it may get lodged in a rifle barrel.

heard that , and also heard different,

I have some I'm gonna try in a few days out of a Anschutz,, just for giggles,

website says it is designed for bolt guns

'''''Designed for bolt-action or revolver platforms. ''''''

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I'll clean and lube my barrel down really good and try them.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Second scope arrived today.

It's going on the CZ452 so I can take a friend rat blasting.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
How are you going to mount that to the 452? I have a 455 that could use one of these!

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
11mm dovetail to Weaver mount with a rearward offset for proper eye relief.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:

I have some and I tried it in my Savage 22 bolt action...it has a 22" barrel and the rounds work fine in them...

AND THEY ARE QUIET

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
OK, the Obsidian software is awesome!

Someone can watch your viewfinder on their smartphone while you are shooting!

You have complete access to all the scope's functions remotely so you don't have to fumble around with the buttons in the dark while trying to look through the eyepiece.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Is the second scope you got the lower power version, the 3x?

I believe you said in your other thread the 5x was too much magnification.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post