SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    .300 Blackout Upper Recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.300 Blackout Upper Recommendations Login/Join 
posted
Anyone have recommendations for a .300 BO upper other than Palmetto State Armory?

I'd like to keep it to 10.5" barrel with a pistol length gas tube, not a slick side, and floating m lok hand guard.

I'm not looking for top of the line, but decent quality. Main use will be a range toy, possibly will see some hunting action while suppressed with shots less than 100 yds.

Just curious which builders you all are liking right now.

Thanks,

Don

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used this Troy upper on my SBR build.

https://www.primaryarms.com/tr...p-battlesights-black

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used BCM on my recent SBR build. Quality was top notch, accuracy was amazing.

Here is the one I got, but they have several options.

BCM Upper

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I didn't find a factory upper I liked, so I built my own. I used a BA 8.3" barrel and BCM MCMR 7" handguard, on a CMT billet receiver. Drop in a nitrided toolcraft BCG with HPT/MPI. Combination of sales, buying used, and doing it myself I spent about $550 and have a setup I'm REALLY happy with. The whole gun crept a bit over $1000, but that's with the KAC sights, Aimpoint, upgraded lower parts, etc.

There are a TON of options out there. There are probably a few dozen small shops that will sell builds.

I've bought from these guys with good results. It's a small shop in Ohio that will sell all kinds of parts and partial builds. They are straightforward about the brands they're using, which is most of why I liked them enough. Oh, and they're PSA cheap.
https://bkingsfirearms.com/sho...ndguard-build-faxon/

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I got a DiamondBack pistol in 5.56, then used a DOLOS barrel switch system and now I have a 300 BLK also!!!

black mags for 300 BLK
GI mags for 5.56

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a radical that I paid around $200 for. It’s been a great upper.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with aerop, rainier ultra match 10.5, rainier adjustable gas block,dead air keymo muzzle brake, raidian charging handle, rainier np3 bolt group, rainier urban combat hand guard, billet dust cover, rainier titanium forward assist.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
I went with the Aero Precision M4E1 for mine, I’ve been very happy with it. They have several different M-LOK Handguard setups to choose from on their complete uppers as well.

Posts: 179 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just saw the aero M4E1 in 5.56 for sale and was really liking it.

I'm thinking I'll try to track one down in .300 BO. They're out of stock at their website

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Sorry... the Radical one I got was $118.

Fit & finish appear to be just as good as any others. Shoots the bulk 300BK I have been running through it good enough for hunting accuracy. But I haven't really put it on the bench and shot it for groups. I'd definitely buy another.

I mean you can barely buy a rail for $100. More or less the upper, rail, dust cover, F assist, and barrel for $118.

https://www.radicalfirearms.co....5-300hbar-10ftr.htm

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8837 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought the Radical one as well. Fit and finish seems nice. I haven't bought ammo to shoot it yet. I put my suppressor mount on (Still waiting on the tax stamp) and it's concentric.

These two from PSA seem nice:

https://palmettostatearmory.co...g-ch-5165449871.html

For $10 more, if you don't need to suppress and it comes with Magpul MBUS, but since you want to suppress, this won't work
https://palmettostatearmory.co...-set-5165449836.html

Posts: 1393 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Unless you just don’t like Palmetto, they have an 8.5” upper with a CHF barrel.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I bought the Troy listed above and it’s been excellent. Bought it on sale for $399 shipped, which includes the nice Troy sights. Fantastic deal. I inspected it heavily and found it to be very well put together.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ended up buying an unused Troy 16" upper from a guy on a local board. this one

It'll be a little long with a can, but maybe get a little more distance with it firing standard rounds for hunting.

Just have to get a 5/8x24 adapter for my can now.

Build quality seems great. Came with the sights too for $325. I'm pretty happy with it so far.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
Main use will be a range toy

quote:
Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
I ended up buying an unused Troy 16" upper
It'll be a little long with a can

A few extra inches is not an issue for a range toy. In PRS-type events shooters often use 24-26" barrels with cans, while moving in and out of barricades.

The additional barrel length will noticeably increase muzzle velocity and kinetic energy for hunting purposes.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hunter62:
I used BCM on my recent SBR build. Quality was top notch, accuracy was amazing.

Here is the one I got, but they have several options.

BCM Upper

same here, outstanding so far.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post