SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    9mm Stick Mags for AR15
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9mm Stick Mags for AR15 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
When I first assembled my CMMG 9mm lower/M1S 9mm upper, I tried Metalforms due to their good reputation. If I loaded more than 25 rounds in the 32 round magazines, I got failures to feed on the first few rounds out of the mag. This happened all the time, and I messed with it for hundreds of rounds.

I tried ASC magazines and it fixed the problem completely. I have run thousands of rounds through the ASC mags with no issues to date.

9mm ARs can be picky. Mine likes ASC mags, yours may be different. I like the ASC mags - they are well built, reliable, and cheap.

I agree that some of ASC's reputation is a throwback to the C Products days, but obviously some people still have issues with them.

Posts: 45 | Location: Utah | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aedavis:
When I first assembled my CMMG 9mm lower/M1S 9mm upper, I tried Metalforms due to their good reputation. If I loaded more than 25 rounds in the 32 round magazines, I got failures to feed on the first few rounds out of the mag. This happened all the time, and I messed with it for hundreds of rounds.

I tried ASC magazines and it fixed the problem completely. I have run thousands of rounds through the ASC mags with no issues to date.

9mm ARs can be picky. Mine likes ASC mags, yours may be different. I like the ASC mags - they are well built, reliable, and cheap.

I agree that some of ASC's reputation is a throwback to the C Products days, but obviously some people still have issues with them.

My experience with ASC Mags matches yours. They’ve always worked well in my CMMG. Have not tried any other brand yet. Don’t see a reason to...

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Brownell's-branded magazines are the best of the 4 types that I own. (In my younger days, I even purchased a couple plastic Pro Mags...woof.) Zero issues from day one, and they have an excellent coating as well. Wait for a 10% off + free shipping sale, and they are a pretty good buy.

Posts: 27 | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hooah09:
The Brownell's-branded magazines are the best of the 4 types that I own. (In my younger days, I even purchased a couple plastic Pro Mags...woof.)

I tried the plastic promags too. I didn't have any issues but I just don't think that they will holdup in the long run.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hooah09:
The Brownell's-branded magazines are the best of the 4 types that I own. (In my younger days, I even purchased a couple plastic Pro Mags...woof.) Zero issues from day one, and they have an excellent coating as well. Wait for a 10% off + free shipping sale, and they are a pretty good buy.

Agreed! I have 10 of these and consider them to be the single best available Colt's-style magazines. Made by Metalform to Brownell's specs, the xylan coating makes them super easy to clean. Carbon deposits actually just wipe off with a paper towel. Durable as well!

Posts: 91 | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will say this, I really like metalform mags, but you need to try every one. One twenty round I have will not feed from the left side. Just proves you can't take anything for granted.

Posts: 207 | Location: Baconton,GA. | Registered: April 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Another advantage of Metalforms is when you run outta ammo, the 32rd sticks make good clubs. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
CDNN currently has metalforms on sale $25

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
CDNN currently has metalforms on sale $25

Link is right here:
32 round MetalForm magazines

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post