SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    quality AR lower parts kit on a budget.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

quality AR lower parts kit on a budget. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
I looked on PSA but did not see something that jumped out at me. Don't really need the cheap grip. But could toss it if the deal is right on the rest of the kit. Need the trigger. Where do you go currently? Thx.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are just looking for a trigger, PSA has their EPT (enhanced polished trigger for something like $29. It is in the lower parts section. I have one and put JP reduced power springs instead of the supplied ones. It made a decent improvment in my rifle.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I need the kit. Thx

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
You might check out Tom's Tactical...I have used their LPK as well as their nickel Teflon trigger groups...they ship quickly and shipping is free...

http://www.tomstactical.com/lower-parts-kits

http://www.tomstactical.com/To...ger-Group_p_169.html

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
ALG - Out of stock but no grip.

If you have more coin, they do have ones with upgraded triggers.

https://algdefense.com/ar15-m4...igger-less-grip.html

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AR15 Discounts and Delta Team Tactcal usually have some cheap lower parts.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use ALG> For budget stuff their group with the ACT trigger is pretty much how low I will go. I have used their kit a number of times in its no trigger form as well. Have been very happy. And you can get it less trigger less grip which many don't offer.
One of the big annoyances is that if you get a less trigger kit and a trigger for elsewhere you generally end up with no trigger pins. ugh...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can get an Aero LPK with no grip for cheap. Lots of sales now if you check out gun deals on reddit.

I just ordered a bunch of Aero LPKs with no grip, no trigger guard and no trigger. They were like $13.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Red Barn Armory

https://www.redbarnarmory.com/...rbacustomar15lpk.htm

You can customize it to fit your needs

That or Spikes is what I use. I like ALG triggers. They are cheap and will outshoot me.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
You can get an Aero LPK with no grip for cheap. Lots of sales now if you check out gun deals on reddit.

I just ordered a bunch of Aero LPKs with no grip, no trigger guard and no trigger. They were like $13.

Where from?
Aero lists them for $25 and are out of stock.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the BCM LPK. It is a little over a hundred bucks but includes the PNT trigger and a gunfighter grip. I like both of those parts in the kit. It is a little pricey, I know, but that trigger alone is about 60 bucks or so and the grip is nice too.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Anderson has SS trigger/hammer LPK’s without a grip, but also currently out of stock.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
+1 for the PSA ept triggers

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Right now all of the PSA LPK's w/ the EPT trigger are out of stock. When they're in stock, I like this kit with the MOE grip.

I have multiple ACTs and multiple EPTs. The EPT darn near as good for $40 less ($29 vs $69).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Some good suggestions. Tom's looks good. How much is that PSA defender kit?

Seems odd. several are oos?

Member "the blaze" has his site. Has not posted in a couple of month's but his site is up. Thoughts on his offerings?

https://www.spicetac.com/searc...=lpk§ion=product

Again, thanks guys.

posted Hide Post
I can't comment on the LPK offerings which fit your needs and price sensitivity, but Spicetac (David) is as good as it gets for a vendor if that's what you are asking. I've used both the RRA and the CMMG stuff in the past without issue if that helps.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Thanks hrc. I will keep him in the mix as I decide what works best for me going forward.

Picture of motorheadjohn
posted Hide Post
Last build I used an AR-Stoner lower parts kit from Midway. If you plan on using a different trigger and grip, it's as low as $24.99.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Yorktown, VA | Registered: October 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post