SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig 516 uppers on clearance
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 516 uppers on clearance Login/Join 
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
yeah I want one as my dealer is offering them for 1100 and then they are gone.

The article I read was that it was an improved HK 416 as Sig hired a HK designer that worked on the 416!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Bump an older post, but I just got an email from AIM on the 14.5 upper. Are these worth $600?

https://aimsurplus.com/sig-sau...63&mc_eid=fc22c429b6

FROM AIM....
SIG SAUER SIG 516 GEN 2 SHORT STROKE GAS PISTON .223/5.56 AR UPPER RECEIVER GROUP
The SIG516 14" upper allow operators to upgrade their current AR-15/M16/M4-type rifles from direct gas impingement systems to the SIG SAUER advanced short-stroke pushrod system. This advanced operating system reduces carbon fouling, excessive heat and unburned powder in the action, ensuring reliability and function that is unmatched. 1/7 twist, 1/2x28 threading, 5.56 NATO chamber. These uppers are 14.5" and need to be used on a NFA or pistol lower. Includes BCG and Charging handle.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I want the shorter 10” or 11.5” or whatever they offered was. Looks like those are no more though.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I decided to pull the "trigger" on one of the 14.5 uppers from AIM. Looking forward to shooting it. Read some good reviews where folks were running it suppressed so it looks like I'll be picking up another 5.56 AAC flash hider.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Sig 14.5 inch Upper Arrived from AIM today. Looks nice.

NRA Life Member

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redlickranch:
Bump an older post, but I just got an email from AIM on the 14.5 upper. Are these worth $600?

https://aimsurplus.com/sig-sau...63&mc_eid=fc22c429b6

Out of Stock... Frown

Please post a range report and let us know how she runs.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Check Again they look to have some more on AIM.

NRA Life Member

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Whew. Almost made me spend money. I’m looking for the 10” version.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The shorter versions sell out very quickly, and aren’t offered too frequently. The 14.5 version seems to be more common.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may have to order one. Does anyone have a current coupon code for Aim Surplus?

Posts: 247 | Location: Pinellas County, Florida | Registered: August 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These remind me of the oriental rug sellers that were once prevalent around here that were always 'going out of business', seemingly from the moment when they opened their doors for the very first time.

Funny how this so-called 'discontinued' SIG platform from two or three years ago still keeps showing up. We just had the full bore rifles come in from SIG not all that long ago. The very same ones SIG was blowing out only a couple of years before. For something supposedly dead and buried they looked reasonably fit. Sold fast too, thanks to the current continued craziness.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
RANGE DAY with 516 upper.

Fired about 10 rounds to test function. I am still deciding on optic so it was hard to hit anything without sights. Smile

Sig upper ran fine and can lined up perfectly unlike my DPMS 308. Will perm attached the muzzle device to make this a rifle. Hard to balance this pistol with the can on it.

NRA Life Member