SIGforum
M1A/M14 receivers

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2140088624

July 06, 2017, 02:06 PM
am94pm
M1A/M14 receivers
Well the M14 bug is creeping back up. I have been looking at parts and receivers. I have looked at Bula, Fulton, and LRB. Well I was in between the Bula and LRB, then I ran across the one in the link below. Anyone know anything about them?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

https://trwgunsandammo.com/product/m14-receiver/
July 06, 2017, 02:15 PM
roberth
I would get a Bula or nothing.

July 06, 2017, 07:58 PM
Rinehart
I confess I do have a Springfield Armory M1A and have a soft spot in my heart for M14s, but these are pretty interesting also...

https://www.classicfirearms.co...to-rifle-308-caliber
July 06, 2017, 09:49 PM
Rooney
Now is a good time to buy a Bula. They are currently having a sale: http://m14forum.com/bula-defen...est-prices-ever.html
July 07, 2017, 09:04 AM
am94pm
Rooney THANKS! $795 for a barreled receiver and bolt is a hell of a deal. I also noticed they posted parts kit minus a stock to finish them out for $695.

I have to figure out a way to swing this!
July 07, 2017, 09:31 AM
IndianaBoy
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:
Rooney THANKS! $795 for a barreled receiver and bolt is a hell of a deal. I also noticed they posted parts kit minus a stock to finish them out for $695.

I have to figure out a way to swing this!

I sent you an email last night regarding magazines, if you are interested.
July 07, 2017, 05:04 PM
Merc50
Have had my eye on an M14 for a few years now, but decided to buy a CMP M1 back in October. Thought I'd be good for a while.

This morning I saw your posts regarding the Bula receiver and barrel deal. Too much temptation, called Pam at Bula this afternoon and ordered the XM21 receiver and 22" NM barrel. Too good to pass up.

Was undecided between standard and XM21 receiver, but thought it would be easier to scope this one. And, the M1 suits my USGI sights needs.

The parts kit is a sweet deal too, was told it lasts until Wednesday, when they head to Camp Perry. May drive up to see them there next weekend, its only an hour from me.

Thanks for the tip.
July 07, 2017, 09:50 PM
andronicus
A while back I had Smith in Arizona build me an m14 using CMP parts and an Armscorp receiver. It was a nice setup. I'd probably still be into the m14 platform if the cheap 308 surplus was still around. I mean, $140 for a thousand round case of Radway Green? Not reloadable, but so what? Now, the price just makes you want to cry. And I wish I bought all of the m14 bolts and op-rods that the CMP offered 10-15 years ago.
July 11, 2017, 06:51 PM
benny6
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:
Well the M14 bug is creeping back up. I have been looking at parts and receivers. I have looked at Bula, Fulton, and LRB. Well I was in between the Bula and LRB, then I ran across the one in the link below. Anyone know anything about them?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

https://trwgunsandammo.com/product/m14-receiver/

RUN AWAY, FAST!!!!

Stick with Bula, LRB and Fulton. I've got three LRB's and two Bulas. The Bulas are getting better from lot to lot and I like the fact that their goal is to make every part necessary for a new US-made M14.

At the moment, they make everything except:
-Flash suppressors
-Front and rear sights
-Stocks

I put my Bula M14 kit together in about 3 to 4 hours, start to finish. Most of that time is checking dimensions and parts fitment, bolt lapping, Installing and aligning the operating rod guide, cleaning the preservative off the parts and giving it an initial lubrication job.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com
July 12, 2017, 05:52 PM
arcwelder
Really? someone is making "TRW" receivers? .... A hard no.

I don't know anything about Bula, at some point I'll get back into it. I would put LRB head and shoulders above Fulton.

My opinion of Fulton Armory isn't high, one part is my personal dealings, the rest was formed from my friendship with Charlie Maloney. Fulton is very good at one thing, promoting Fulton Armory. Their rifles are adequate.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

July 16, 2017, 03:39 PM
am94pm
Tony and Arc Thank you for your information.

I am going to try a Bula. Unfortunately I missed the sale.
July 16, 2017, 07:38 PM
Merc50
I visited the Bula booth on vendor's row at Camp Perry on Saturday and spoke with Jeff. He was selling receivers and barrels yesterday for the same price as was previously noted.

The previous week I had ordered an XM21 receiver with 22" NM barrel and an XM21 parts kit via phone, and wanted to talk more with him regarding stock and chassis options. I am fortunate enough to live less than an hour south of Camp Perry.

Sounds like he intends to offer the same pricing this next week while he is at the Nationals. He posts on M14forum on a regular basis, you may want to contact him.

As for me, I have had an M14 on my wish-list for a future purchase for the past year, and had talked with Jeff at his booth at SHOT in January. The sale just motivated me to jump on the great pricing currently being offered a little earlier than I had planned.