SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Remington
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
The only Remington branded gun I currently have is a new Model 700 5-R stainless steel in .308. I haven't scoped it or even fired it yet. But as far as fit, finish, free-floating, trigger pull, and cycling, and am pleased.

I've been wanting a Model 700 BDL in .30-06 or .270. I ordered a .30-06 from my LGS who found one in stock with his distributor. It came in. The outside of the box was pristine. The styrofoam inside had been crushed. The front sight hood was lying loose in the box, the rear sight blade had been knocked off, the manual was loose, the registration papers were gone, the bolt was out, not wrapped, and just banging around inside the box, there were deep chips in the stock, and one of the butt plate screws looked like it had white birthday cake stuck to it. No labels or tags were stuck to or affixed to the gun. Obviously a very used rifle in a new box.

So, new 700 BDLs have been hard to come by since. I found a dealer in Pennsylvania who has them in stock in .270. I contacted them and had them open the box and verify they are new, unabused and with everything in the box that should be there, packed properly, labeled, and where it's supposed to be. So I ordered one. Should be here next week.

I have 4 Remington-made Marlins. One is a 336 in .35 Remington. The others are a 336 in .30-30, a 1894 in .44, and a 1895SS in .45-70. The only one that had a problem was the 1894. It appears the sights were slightly canted to the right. I sent it back to Remington. They re-barreled it, replaced the lever, and replaced the wood with gorgeous wood with lots of feathering in it. Tuned it, tested it, and sent it back in just a few weeks. The other 3 were flawless, and now the 1894 is, as well.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post