SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone with a Trijicon Huron scope?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone with a Trijicon Huron scope? Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
I've been looking at these and they look like simple, no-frills, uncluttered reticle scopes that appeal to me. They appear to be made in Japan. Anyone have one? If so, thoughts?

I need to scope a new .270 Winchester and a .308.

https://www.trijicon.com/produ...n-hunting-riflescope

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
As you say, it looks like a good, basic scope. I am curious, though, about the “BDC Hunter Holds” reticle. I can’t find anything that describes how it’s calibrated. I assume it’s something like 200, 300, and 400 with a 100 yard zero, but …? Any idea yourself?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Good question. I have no idea, but your thoughts make sense.

I'd prefer a simple plex reticle or euro reticle. They seem to offer that only on the basic 3-9x40.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm about to find out. They get good reviews. Made in Japan. And they are basic hunting scopes. I didn't need or want fancy reticles. So I ordered two. Both basic 3-9x40mm scopes. One with a German reticle for my new .30-06 and one with a standard plex reticle for my new .270.

Still need a scope for my newish .308.
---------------------------

Update 1/15/01

I cancelled by backorder for these scopes. Decided to go with Burris. Have never had a scope with the Burris name on it that wasn't outstanding.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Micropterus,

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
As you say, it looks like a good, basic scope. I am curious, though, about the “BDC Hunter Holds” reticle. I can’t find anything that describes how it’s calibrated. I assume it’s something like 200, 300, and 400 with a 100 yard zero, but …? Any idea yourself?

This might help
https://www.trijicon.com/uploa..._Reticle_2700003.pdf

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post