SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Damn you grabagun....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Damn you grabagun.... Login/Join 
posted
LE6920s for $755ish? Why yes, I do need a second M4. Why do you ask?

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Sign of the times. Hard enough for AR makers, double whammy if you're Colt who was already having trouble.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just picked a 6920 up off Gunbroker for $700. Marked for export to Mexico.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Colt 6720 pencil carbine for $747. One of my all time favorites. Probably the best "budget" duty rifle a person could buy. I'd issue these all day long before issuing 6920's if I was a purchasing officer.

https://grabagun.com/colt-ar-1...pencil-bbl-20rd.html

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Yep. Grabagun got me recently for an AR as well.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
This morning's email from them had Ruger AR556 for $479

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K.O.A.M.:
I just picked a 6920 up off Gunbroker for $700. Marked for export to Mexico.

I think you and I may have heard about those from the same thread on another board where I learned of grabagun.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
This morning's email from them had Ruger AR556 for $479

You couldn't get it much cheaper if you bought it from a drunken indian (an old Saturday Night Live Heather Locklear skit Big Grin)...

AR15 meet the new reality Razz...will it continue?...time will tell (I'm skeptical).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10586 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If 6720s hit $700, I'm buying a couple. Because reasons.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
Not to derail this thread, but how does the Ruger compare to the colt 6720? Generally, I've heard pretty good reviews on the Ruger. I don't see a $300 difference in the specs, but understand the pony rollmark adds some value.

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ACTEG:
Not to derail this thread, but how does the Ruger compare to the colt 6720? Generally, I've heard pretty good reviews on the Ruger. I don't see a $300 difference in the specs, but understand the pony rollmark adds some value.

The Ruger budget line is known as a budget line. The Colts are coming down in price but are still considered the Gold Standard of AR-15 quality. Yes, many manufacturers build "better" ARs or ARs more specifically tailored to a given use, but the Colt 67/69 series are a benchmark. You're either above or below it.

Once the current glut ends, which would you rather have? The budget build made for sport shooting, or the rifle built solidly to TDP specifications?

Your mileage may vary but that's my take on how the market will treat the two brands.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a good deal. I would love to get another 6920 as I sold mine years ago.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a place the other day that had LEO trade in 6920's for $599
 https://www.kingsfirearmsonlin...colt-colt-m4-carbine 

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Can we get some anti-SCAR action going? Big Grin

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ACTEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:
There was a place the other day that had LEO trade in 6920's for $599
 https://www.kingsfirearmsonlin...colt-colt-m4-carbine 

Those are police trade ins. There are new 6920s without furniture for $655 on slickguns

Posts: 3585 | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post