SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig 556 Classic Owners Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 556 Classic Owners Question Login/Join 
posted
I have a Sig 556 Classic SWAT with the quad rail, has anyone every swapped one out for a polymer rounded one? Will the ones sig still has for sale fit or do I have to pull some jedi mind trick to get it to fit ?

Posts: 12 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Do you have a standard length or Patrol length? The polymer handguard fit into the gas block and that doesn't change so yes, they'll fit as long as you have a standard model and not a Patrol length (short) gas system.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a standard length. Thanks. Gonna grab one since I am hanging onto this rifle

Posts: 12 | Location: Wasilla Alaska  | Registered: December 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it actually doesn't work. the sig swat classic rail extends the entire length of the rifle so changing rails means removing the picatinny rail for the entire rifle

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Well, yes. Just put a normal rail on top or an MFI diopter sight/rail combo.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post