SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Recommend kydex AR15 double or single magazine pouch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend kydex AR15 double or single magazine pouch Login/Join 
posted
Hello, long story short I want my wife to take a carbine class and I am in need of some advice. Who do you recommend for a kydex AR15 1.5" belt mounted pouch, either a double or two singles.

Thanks

Posts: 1491 | Registered: December 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the link, but I have a question, how exactly does this attach to the 1.5" belt? The pictures just show the mag pouch, I am kind of confused how exactly this attaches, thanks.

Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
http://itwnexusadvanced.com/si...ions%20-%20Large.pdf

Not sure if that link will work but you open the tabs on the bottom and move the tab to find your belt width and then secure tabs over your belt.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used the fastmags, kydex from DSG, and HSGI tacos. The tacos are probably my favorite but each design works pretty well.

Posts: 236 | Registered: October 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I use a blade-tech at work. It uses a clamp system called tech-lock that fits a variety of belts

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blade tech would be the simplest and my recommendation. I personally use that and fast mag.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=38_11

I like my single mag holder. I use one on my duty belt.

For me the double sticks out just a little too far and has the propensity to snag on stuff. At the range or classes, Im using two singles. Now that I see the Triple Threat... I wonder if I can snake a pistol or duty belt thru it...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordring from blade tech, hand orientation are they universal, strong hand, weakhand? Sorry for all the questions but I want first hand experience from actual users of products who actually have possesion of them.

posted Hide Post
Blade Tech. I have a double magazine pouch. It had hand orientation.

I forgotten which one I picked. But I use it on my left (weak side) and carry spine ( back of magazine) forward. As that is the most comfortable, fastest draw for me.

The magazine will go in the pouch ether way. You can set tension on the magazine.

It has given good service to me.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Two single Bladetech work for me.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ordring from blade tech, hand orientation are they universal, strong hand, weakhand?

You get to pick the orientation of the magazine (bullets forward or backward) or a straight drop (which I have not used).

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
+1

I hang mine upside down on my belt, so I ordered an extra tension band. I probably didn't need it, but didn't want to take the chance of losing a mag in the event of a fight or foot pursuit.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post