SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Looking for Chrono data, 5.56 out of 10.5" and 11.5" barrels
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Chrono data, 5.56 out of 10.5" and 11.5" barrels Login/Join 
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
I have an El Cheapo 10.5" PSA build. It has not had a single hiccup in 5000 rounds.

I typically say the same of any gun, if youre gun has never had a hiccup, you phavent run it hard enough.

So you are saying if I don't abuse my guns until the point of failure I'm "not doing it right"?
Good luck there buddy.
I haven't blown up the engine in my car either. Am I not driving hard enough? Wink

I never said that. You put that in quotes. I was simply saying that rounds fired isnt always an accurate determination of reliability.

It's what you implied.
I think I get what you are saying and I agree that it's not the final word in reliability but for all of us who are not so high speed and don't use our rifles daily in a war zone I think it's good enough wouldn't ya say?

Im about as low speed as they come but I still need need to know what to I can realistically expect from my defensive guns. I'll likely never need them and the odds are that if I did, I wouldnt need more than 1 mag. Since we're discussing the termianl effectiveness of a 10.5in vs 11.5in barrrel, its safe to say we likely take things that are probably very trivial from a real world, avergae joe, standpoint and hammer out minute details that likely wont have any bearing on the outcome. That being said, we do plan for the unexpected and knowing the failuire points of the tools I have is just another piece of the puzzle.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post