SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Looking for a two Riffle (AR Style) decent case with wheels on it.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a two Riffle (AR Style) decent case with wheels on it. Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted
I am getting up in age and now I am looking for a decent two riffle case that would have wheels on one end and a handle on the other end. It is getting a chore to carry the hand held case; ammo can of ammo, and range bag from vehicle to the shooting line where I go most of the time. I like taking the two ARs a lot for I take friends that have not shot that type of rifle before.

Would like some recommendations and perhaps something a little less costly than a Pelican Case.

Thanks
Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I know lots so guys use a cart of some sort. That will allow you to use all you're existing gear and get it iall in one trip. I find my Pelican and Strom cases to be more of a PIA for range trips.

We use one of these in the Spring when the kids have sports going on everyday. Folds up small, I wouldnt mind using it at the range if I had to walk more than 10 feet.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Oza...xP-SFoRoCUrkQAvD_BwE

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I personally use the Pelican and its certainly the best buy once/cry once choice. But a used gun I purchased came in a Plano and it seems reasonably well built. And its certainly inexpensive comparatively. and its available on Amazon if you use them.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the NRA store used to have a killer deal on 2 gun cases. 99 bucks made by skb , pelican, or plano whichever had the contract at the time. I have 5 or 6 of them that i purchased through the years. they were under 100 bucks each at the time.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
Pelican just released a more economic but durable option targeted specifically at the shooter market. It is called the "Vault" line. They have a case exactly as you describe. I have their pistol case and it is everything you'd expect from Pelican at a price only slightly higher than the generic options from Harbor Freight and Amazon.

Posts: 2501 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post