SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    anybody interested in steel AR15 mags for $4.99 ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anybody interested in steel AR15 mags for $4.99 ? Login/Join 
posted
MrGunsandgear approved apparently

https://globalordnance.com/shk...-upc-00850003223070/

stocking stuffers ?? Big Grin

--not affiliated with this vendor--

----------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just ordered 10 of these magazines.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quiet observer
posted Hide Post
Missed out on the AR mags, but they had some 8rd. 1911 mags for 4.99, so I ordered a few to try. Thanks for the heads up!

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 985 | Location: Pocatello, Idaho | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
They have new Korean AK mags in stock at $5.99 each.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Korean 33rd Glock 9mm mags for $7.99.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MrGunsandgear only put 120 rounds through them "not a full review."

The Korean mags (Glock, AR and AK) tend to have weak mag springs.

By the time you swap mag springs you can just buy D&H GI mags.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
For SHTF use where you are dropping the empty mag and don't plan on a reload or even recovery, they might be just fine.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I picked up AR / AK / and Glock 9mm mags also. Hopefully they work okay.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Options are nice but for a few more bucks $9.99 D&H @ PSA.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’d personally pass and buy D&H at a minimum, preferable Okay/Surefeed (in the metal mag category) and Magpul pmags. Cheaper isn’t always better.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
The bowling pins and pumpkins I shoot won't know the difference.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Shipping notice email that mine will be in on Monday. Smile

NRA Life Member

Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I see I have 20 coming on Monday also.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armored:
For SHTF use where you are dropping the empty mag and don't plan on a reload or even recovery, they might be just fine.

If you aren’t training before the SHTF you will just be a resupply for someone better prepared.

Cheap mags, like cheap ARs are likely to be ok for the few real world rounds you might fire but training for such uses is a constant process- cheap stuff doesn’t hold up to the training schedule necessary for one to be effective.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Or not.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
Shipment showed up a day early. Mags look to be well built and load into weapons easily. The AK mags fit my pistol, but the bolt won't stay back. AR mags fit fine and you can see a bit that after trying it tree times the paint is getting marked up. The AR mags do hold the bolt open. 9mm mags fit the Glock fine and also holds the pistol open. Real test will be next weekend for when I get get in some range time.

Bowling Pins and Halloween Pumpkins better watch out.

NRA Life Member