SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone have a simple way to carry 2 rifles in a single rifle bag?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a simple way to carry 2 rifles in a single rifle bag? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
I have the PSA version of that canvas rifle bag you see everywhere. Some versions have a divider pad for carrying two guns, but I only have the single version.

Does anyone have a good way to carry two in one of these single bags to keep them from clacking around on each other?

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Polyethylene foam sheets, and use one as a divider. This is the stuff that you find as flexible but fairly stiff foam packing material. It is a closed cell foam, and has a kind of shiny surface, it's not the gray, soft open cell stuff. Either scavenge it from amazon stuff you ordered, or buy a sheet. If you are handy, sew a nylon cover for it.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12744 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Assuming your bag is large enough for the “socks” and rifles, Bore Stores are a good way to prevent rubbing damage (if handled reasonably).

http://www.borestores.com/

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I use a towel. An old bath towel folded up makes a good pad between guns and can be unfurled to cover a wet table or concrete bench

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
to cover a wet table or concrete bench

Good idea on the towel as a pad, but I would never reuse the same towel then for wrapping and protecting the guns without washing it thoroughly first. The benches at the public ranges I go to usually have dirt, sand, or gravel on them, and although I sweep them off, that doesn’t do a complete job. If it’s not from a leaking sandbag, I assume it’s because people bring their kids to the range, and if they’re bored, what else would we expect them to do except play with dirt on the benches?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
certified biohazard
posted Hide Post
go to Wallymart and look in the exercise isle, they have foam exercise mats, I get gray and cut to fit

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
Edmund Burke

Posts: 533 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've bought long gun sock that have a aluminum looking finish on the outside but is like a regular sock on the inside ... I'm thinking that with the slick finish they would be easy to get in your bag. They were like $6 each but once you got them both in your sack you could just leave them in.

Another thing to think of, is the handle or carry straps strong enough to support the weight of two guns? Would it be cheaper to buy another bag, or is it that when you come home, do you not want the little woman to know you now have 2 guns?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yoga mat... Thin, flexible and can be used for many things at the range (shooting mat, bench cover, etc.).

Very cheap at Wal-Mart and you can even get them in pink Smile

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
to cover a wet table or concrete bench

Good idea on the towel as a pad, but I would never reuse the same towel then for wrapping and protecting the guns without washing it thoroughly first. The benches at the public ranges I go to usually have dirt, sand, or gravel on them, and although I sweep them off, that doesn’t do a complete job. If it’s not from a leaking sandbag, I assume it’s because people bring their kids to the range, and if they’re bored, what else would we expect them to do except play with dirt on the benches?

It gets folded up and used as a pad, doesn't wrap around a rifle.

I carry a few towels while shooting and wipe my hands off after I do things like stick a finger in the action or handle a pile of brass.

One hangs off the bag like a golf towel, one is folded up and under the center bag insert.

They come in handy. Also have a few paper towels folded up in the range bag so I can clean up lube or other things I don't care to put in the wash.

I have spares in the gun room to pack the range bag and case, they go in the wash with kitchen and bathroom hand towels.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Not trying to make you spend money but this is a decent unit with a shooting pad and not too pricey. There are different lengths I presume.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...wuZGnWNuL&ref=plSrch

Posts: 3484 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I got one of these for my ARs: UTG Alpha Battle Carrier Sling Pack 30-Inch Multi-Firearm Case

Works well and doesn't really look like a rifle case. (I got the blue.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just use a gun sock and it's always been fine. Don't overthink it.

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
I'm kinda in the same boat... Thinking I'm going to get this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Mi...060778.c100290.m3507

But maybe considering total $ outlay better off with a wider than normal hard-case fitted to hold two rifles?

Posts: 498 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Not cheap, but if you want a really nice bag the Sneaky Bags Spyder will carry two guns.

I have their 27" bag that I use to carry my 16" DDM4V7 broken down, lower on one side, upper on the other.

I also have their Covert Rifle Bag 27" to carry my BCM .300 Pistol.

I really like their gear; high quality and does not look at all like a gun bag.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post