SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Springfield M1A in 6.5? Thoughts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Springfield M1A in 6.5? Thoughts? Login/Join 
posted
I have an M1A in 7.62 which I honestly don’t shoot, but this is sorta intriguing. What’s the consensus around here.

http://www.springfield-armory....oaded-6-5-creedmoor/

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That looked interesting, but I'm hard pressed to think why an AR-type rifle chambered for the same cartridge wouldn't be better.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I want one!

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Bula defense has announced they are releasing one as well. They’re sending me one this month.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Almost coming full circle when considering that the M1 Garand and its Pedersen Competitor in 276.

Interesting

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Doesn't surprise me. Many manufacturers are jumping on the popularity of the caliber. The platform has always had a niche following. Maybe now it'll appeal to more shooters.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Almost coming full circle when considering that the M1 Garand and its Pedersen Competitor in 276.

Interesting

Sure is.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
It's a lot easier to mount optics on an AR-10.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
It's a lot easier to mount optics on an AR-10.

And cheaper.

I would think that an AR10 type action would be much more accurate than a M1A (without sinking a ton of money in it).

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post