SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Creedmoor .556 75gr - Anyone try this ammo?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Creedmoor .556 75gr - Anyone try this ammo? Login/Join 
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted
One of the range guys got some Creedmoor .556 75gr ammo for his Colt. Anyone use this specific ammo? I am not familiar with the brand or that specific weight for an AR.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Creedmoor Sports has been around for decades. For a long time they generally sold Black Hills and Hornady center fire ammo, plus higher end 22lr match ammo. Creedmoor Sports stocks bullets from Hornady, Lapua, Sierra, and Berger.

I first saw Creedmoor ammo maybe 5-10 years ago -- sometime during the Obama administration, during ammo shortages. I tried their match ammo using SMK 69 and SMK 77 bullets, and it was pretty good stuff. But not quite up to the standards of Federal GMM.

My records show that I tried Creedmoor ammo with 69 and 77 grain Tipped Matchking bullets in 2018. The ammo looked perfect, had good MV with low SD, but it wasn't all that accurate. Both Federal and Sierra now make TMK ammo that shoots well in many rifles, but a few years ago Creedmoor Sports didn't have it down.

I have not shot Creedmoor ammo with a 75 grain HPBT bullet. I haven't seen it on Creedmoor's site, but I don't visit it regularly. Most likely Creedmoor uses Hornady's 75 grain match bullet in this load. Hornady's 75 grain bullet is very accurate in my rifles, and factory Hornady 75 Black is my primary match ammo.

My gut says the Creedmoor 75 grain ammo is pretty good stuff, but not as accurate as Hornady's comparable ammo.

Posts: 7871 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

With some searching last night after my post I found the sports site and found the listed ammo there.

I didn't notice any youtube videos on this particular item (could have missed it), but it's something I might consider.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post