SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CZ Evo shooters...brace choice?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ Evo shooters...brace choice? Login/Join 
posted
SO I picked this thing up last week.

It's got the SB tactical side-folding brace on it. I like it but barely. I've followed the Micro threads here and was wondering what you guys like for a brace on this gun and why.

The only thing I've done to it is move the hand stop from it's location in the picture and shoot it. The gun seems to feed anything and everything!

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same brace. I've heard good things about the Tailhook factory combo though I'm not sure if it locks folded. I've also had interest in the pdw brace.

How are you liking the holosun for the scorpion? Does it cowitness?

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I like the SB Tactical one
goris fallout

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
I went with a converted factory folding stock with a Strongarm™ Pistol Brace by DoubleStar and StrongArm pistol brace adapter to fit the factory folding stock.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4448 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks cool too, whats it made of? How solid is it?

For those of you running the factory folding arm, does it have any wobble and does it lock into folding?

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:

For those of you running the factory folding arm, does it have any wobble and does it lock into folding?

Machined from billet aluminum.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
quote:

The adapter I got from here:
https://farrow.tech/cz-scorpion-strongarm-adapter/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've heard good things about the Tailhook factory combo

It's great.

quote:
though I'm not sure if it locks folded.

It does not lock folded. When folded, it's held with a bit of friction by the hinge, but it is not locked in place. So if you shake the Tailhooked Scorpion hard enough, the stock will unfold.

It does lock in place when unfolded/extended, and it is very solid.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went with the PDW style collapsible brace as I didn't want to double the width in my pack. It is good for the purpose only. If width is not a concern, the tail book seems to be getting face reviews and I would try it.

Posts: 442 | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have the same brace. I've heard good things about the Tailhook factory combo though I'm not sure if it locks folded. I've also had interest in the pdw brace.

How are you liking the holosun for the scorpion? Does it cowitness?

As small and low as it is, it doesn't co-witness. I've only sighted it in via the Holosun and not the fixed sights.

Rogue, does the Stark grip count as a handstop or a foregrip on your gun?I take it yours is an SBR and not a pistol?

Thanks for the responses guys.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jackimoe:
Rogue, does the Stark grip count as a handstop or a foregrip on your gun?I take it yours is an SBR and not a pistol?

I was wondering about that myself. I seem to recall that the Magpul angled foregrip can be used on pistols without making them an “any other weapon,” but a vertical foregrip can’t. That one is angled, but the extension can also be grasped somewhat like a VFG. Inquiring minds would like to know.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The Stark SE-5 is an angled foregrip.

The rule is that AFGs are kosher on pistols, but VFGs are not.

There are several ATF rulings in support of this, including at least one specifically regarding the Stark AFG:

If you're wanting to install a Stark grip on your Scorpion, note that it does require some dremeling on the rear of the grip's rail mounting section, in order for it to fit on the Scorpion's underside rail as shown on mine.

You'll have to Dremel off the two rear "nubs" in the mounting channel, as well as remove about a quarter inch from the top rear, in order for it to fit. Or, if you take the front factory handstop off, modification isn't necessary.

And the Primary Arms fixed base micro red dot shown on that photo of my Scorpion does cowitness with the iron sights. As does the fancier Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot that it currently wears.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that explanation, RogueJSK; good stuff to know.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Thanks for that explanation, RogueJSK; good stuff to know.

The crazy thing is that AFG’s are far more user friendly that VFG’s. On many levels.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
The crazy thing is that AFG’s are far more user friendly that VFG’s. On many levels.

Yep. Even on my rifles with VFGs, they are used more like AFGs, similar to this:

posted Hide Post
I have the SB Tactical sliding rail brace, Offcially called the "SB PDW" brace. I guess using the initials "PDW" sounds more "tactical." I like the brace for compactness and ease of deployment. If using as a cheek weld it is not very comfortable. The pros of the brace you have is that the brace is more sturdier than the PDW but the thickness of the EVO increases greatly. Usually, I rest the brace against the my shoulder or chest when shooting since I have a laser light on the Scorpion. It works for me. If I was using the brace more as a cheek weld, I would go with what you have. I hope this experience helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotty37:
I went with a converted factory folding stock with a Strongarm™ Pistol Brace by DoubleStar and StrongArm pistol brace adapter to fit the factory folding stock.

I dont mean to hijack but that gun makes me tingle. the front forearm who makes it? and more details on that gun would make my day. the front flash hider with all the holes in it is awesome please tell me more.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SB PDW brace for me. It replaced a side folding mechanism/Shockwave Blade. The previous combo never enabled me to get my eye lined up with the sights if I was wearing ear muff type hearing protectors.

The PDW brace feels weird but my groups improved dramatically though. And I can line my eye up with the sights or red dot no matter what type of hearing protection I'm wearing. Plus it looks badass so I'm keeping it.

Posts: 478 | Location: Arizona | Registered: February 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
I've heard good things about the Tailhook factory combo

It's great.

quote:
though I'm not sure if it locks folded.

It does not lock folded. When folded, it's held with a bit of friction by the hinge, but it is not locked in place. So if you shake the Tailhooked Scorpion hard enough, the stock will unfold.

It does lock in place when unfolded/extended, and it is very solid.

Rogue, I've been struggling with a sling for my CZ. I like yours. What kind is the sling and the front attachment "wire?"
Thx

Posts: 12434 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pittwm
posted Hide Post
Blue Force Gear

Posts: 5445 | Location: Paducah KY | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post