SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New AR upper/lower /New question on barrel choice?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New AR upper/lower /New question on barrel choice? Login/Join 
Picture of onpointgun
posted
I picked this up tonight time to start buying all the parts to complete the rifle. I love the battle worn ceraplate finish.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: onpointgun,

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 1647 | Location: KANSAS | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks good! What are the plans for the build?

Posts: 2066 | Registered: July 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark71:
Looks good! What are the plans for the build?

I haven't decided for sure. I did order this to build out the lower. I think it is a screaming deal.

LOWER BUILD KIT

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you

Posts: 1647 | Location: KANSAS | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kind of like it. At first I thought it was a polymer material.

Posts: 3461 | Location: Treasure Coast | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Ozawki, now there is a town I haven't been to in some years. Watch out for the JOholes. Wink

Posts: 2048 | Location: in the Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
At first I thought it was a polymer material.

Same here...

Posts: 6475 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
At first I thought it was a polymer material.

Same here...

Not polymer. I purchased it because I like the finish and I grew up in Ozawkie.

Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
Great looking AR and I like the look.

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 8948 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I am thinking on going with this barrel in a 16 inch version. Any reason I shouldn't use it?

Barrel Link

I picked up this kit for the lower.

Lower build kit!

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onpointgun:
I am thinking on going with this barrel in a 16 inch version. Any reason I shouldn't use it?

Barrel Link

I picked up this kit for the lower.

Lower build kit!

Faxon makes a fantastic barrel. You'll do fine with it.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 7104 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onpointgun:

I won't comment on Faxon barrels, as I have no direct or indirect experience with their products.

I don't get the appeal of the government profile barrel, assuming that's the one you linked to. The extra thickness near the middle portion of the barrel's length is just odd. The thin portion is just forward of the chamber, which really isn't the best place to shave weight.

Posts: 4674 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post