SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Grail pickup at the gun show...rimfire fans step on in
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grail pickup at the gun show...rimfire fans step on in Login/Join 
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted
Always wanted one of these
Had to put some boot with a nice shotgun to get it
Have around 1k in it with trade and cash, can’t find one for any less online
No sights, but plan on scoping it anyway
Just need the USMC marked standard barrel one now

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Legend right there. What a beauty.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Nice!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amazing condition. What a score!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Excellent find- congrats. Go push some tacks...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5374 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congrats, the 40x and model 36 are on a future wish list for me.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Bingo! Smile

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
My first gun was a brand new 40-X back in the mid 60's. Price was a little over a hundred . Sorry I sold it.

No Redfield sights?

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
congrats, the 40x and model 37 are on a future wish list for me.

I think I FIFY,

I have both,

and both shoot way better than I can,

and for a US Gun, that stock is in great shape!!

get a set of Olympics or International's for it (or a Unertl) and go shooting!

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Congrats on that acquisition!

Always wanted one but ended up settling for a WWII vintage Remington 513-T Matchmaster a long time ago.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I was looking at a beauty a while back at $1,700.00. The one I did have came from a High School shooting team. A batch of 52s and 40X rifles went to the highest bidder. For a price of $225.00 I brought home the rifle, Palma rear and Olympic front, extra apertures, hand stop, sling and upper arm cuff sling, and shooting jacket and mitt. What a great rifle.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soooooooo nice!

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Please see Redfield Sights on a site called Thea. Most listed there are posted at Ebay. A great assortment of Redfield, Lyman and others. Parts as well. Just saw a Palma in nice shape for 94 bucks. Sometimes NIB can be found but heading up near 400.00. Both your front and rear are listed on Thea for the 40X.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I hope when you say you plan to scope it that you won’t drill into that receiver. I assume it is drilled for scope blocks for a unertl or comparable scope.

I have passed on so many vintage .22’s because they have been drilled all over the receivers, such a shame.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
They will take normal 700 bases
Came tapped from factory

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very neat rifle. I find myself being drawn to .22 lr guns lately. I enjoy shooting other calibers but the 22 is just a fun, little, accurate gun. You can shoot them all day on the cheap and have a great time doing it.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Please see Redfield Sights on a site called Thea. Most listed there are posted at Ebay. A great assortment of Redfield, Lyman and others. Parts as well. Just saw a Palma in nice shape for 94 bucks. Sometimes NIB can be found but heading up near 400.00. Both your front and rear are listed on Thea for the 40X.

google fu is not my forte today, please post a link to the thea site,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Lyman, I dont get the links via cell phone. Here is what will take you to the site. Redfield sights Thea. Just type it sir. The site takes you directly to these many pages of sights. Its called vintage gun parts. As I posted, most listed on Thea are linked to Ebay. Let me know if you are able to see the page. Thank you.