SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    4-12x40 scope
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

4-12x40 scope Login/Join 
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted
Had to rob my 22-250 scope for Deer & Elk season because my 270 WBY scope broke after 20 years. Need to get the 22-250 going again.

What is a decent 4-12x40 scope under $250 these days for my 22-250 with just a simple duplex type reticle?

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Leupold VX-2 can be had in the price if you shop hard and keep your eye open.

I had that vortex scope and would not waste your money.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19161 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Leupold VX-2 is a good choice, usually see them around $289 on sale. Nikon has a prostaff in the $220 range from several vendors. Sightron SI hunter model has been running $189 from Midway.
These were all nice when looking thru them. Have only used the Leupold, never needed the warranty, glad it is always there.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Leupold VX-2 can be had in the price if you shop hard and keep your eye open.

I had that vortex scope and would not waste your money.

Just wondering, but what issues did you have with the Vortex? I find it to be a nice scope for the money and those I have recommended it to are pleased with it as well.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Id pass on the Vortex as well and follow suit with a VX2 recommendation or possibly Nikon.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I have a Vortex 3-12 Hog Hunter scope and like it.

Posts: 4622 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigproshooter
posted Hide Post
I really like the 4-12x40 Redfield Revolution I have on my Savage .22 bolt action. Great glass, solid construction and assembled in the USA. They also have a great warranty through Leupold. Think I paid around $220 for it.

Posts: 314 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd look for a vx2 on amazon. I've seem them for ~ 235.00.

Or bump up the budget by 100 bucks and get a meopta meopro.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Dvor.com is having a 50% off sale VX-2 duplex for $175 or the fine crosshairs with the Leupold “dot” for $259 ... you have to log in and be a “member” but the membership is free ... they are a division of optics’s planet.

I’ve gotten several good deals there, shipping is reasonable and fast too.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:

Thanks all and for the tip ended up with a VX2 from amazon for the best price and free shipping.

Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
Dvor.com is having a 50% off sale VX-2 duplex for $175 or the fine crosshairs with the Leupold “dot” for $259 ... you have to log in and be a “member” but the membership is free ... they are a division of optics’s planet.

I’ve gotten several good deals there, shipping is reasonable and fast too.
I checked out Dvor but their ratings were not very good so decided to move on but thanks

posted Hide Post
I have a 4-12 Vortex Diamond Back. I think it's a great scope.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:

Thanks all and for the tip ended up with a VX2 from amazon for the best price and free shipping.

Good call, IMO.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post