SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Tikka .22lr: update, available for preorder, 419.00
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka .22lr: update, available for preorder, 419.00 Login/Join 
posted
HAs anybody else heard of this??? apparently its going to have an MSRP of 499.00.

There was some discussion on another forum but I havn't seen much else.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: newmexican,

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To Do What is
Right and Just
posted Hide Post
That just got my attention. Might consider this over a heavy barrel cz 455. Just wish it had a wood stock option.

Posts: 2439 | Location: Usually Somewhere | Registered: July 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmmm, I’m following this!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Tikka .22, very interested!
At $499 I'd buy one, I'd also be interested in .17hmr and .22 mag.

Wonderful, hope it is true!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Count me as interested, very happy with my T3x & don't currently have a bolt-action 22lr.
With the threaded bbl, could get me into the NFA game...

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want a left hand.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Going to be hard to sway me away from the cz455 line at it's price point and offerings. My kids use the 455 Scout, I use a standard model for hunting and a precision trainer for plinking. Hopefully Tikka will expand its line down the road.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want one

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Going to be hard to sway me away from the cz455 line at it's price point and offerings. My kids use the 455 Scout, I use a standard model for hunting and a precision trainer for plinking. Hopefully Tikka will expand its line down the road.
+1

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
add me to the list of the interested!

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Muzzle threading 1/2x28?

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not all who wander
are lost.
Picture of JohnV
posted Hide Post
Following

Posted from my iPhone.

Posts: 4311 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Muzzle threading 1/2x28?
They better choke themselves if it isn't Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too much $ for me for what it is. I would pay that for walnut stocked, not plastic. As it is, I have a nice 455 & 2 MKIIs that don't get shot enough and no real need for another.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I first shot a Tikka a couple of months ago. It was a fellow competitor's TX3 in 6.5 Creedmoor, following a local precision rifle match. I was impressed with the rifle's feel and accuracy, especially given its reasonable price.

Based on this experience, and similar experiences of others, I suspect the Tikka 22lr is another decent rifle for the money. If I didn't already have my ducks in a row for 22s, this would be a consideration.

Over the last year (maybe two) I've seen an increasing number of 22lr rifles come to market. Maybe we consumers are showing more interest in them. Could be the availability of ammo, maybe the interest in suppressed 22s. IMO it's a good trend.

I've taught a number of people the basics of precision shooting, and I prefer to start them with 22lr rifles. Developing the fundamentals of marksmanship is easier with a low-noise, low-recoiling platform. And ammo is a whole lot cheaper. There would be many more decent shooters out there if they spent more time with quality 22lr rifles and ammo.

I hope Tikka does well in the marketplace with this rifle.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, if anyone can give CZ a run for its money, it's probably Tikka.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Well, if anyone can give CZ a run for its money, it's probably Tikka.

The CZ rifles are nice. I got my 77/22 shooting as well as a CZ but it took a Timney trigger upgrade and a few other tweaks.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Got a sweet little .22LR bolt gun so no need for this.
.22 mag or .17 hmr I am game

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post