SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR Lower tensining screw
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR Lower tensining screw Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted
I recently assembled a Mega lower which came with a nylon tipped tensioning screw. I've used Accu Wedge before but never had a lower with this screw feature.

I think I get how it works. Adjust it to where the lower and upper fit snug then back off just a little so as not to over tension the fit and make it difficult to remove the take down pin.

Question is, does this need to be loctited? Screwing it in, there seems to be a bit of resistance and it may well stay in place without loctite. Also, is this system in anyway detrimental to the pins or pin holes?

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I did not loctite my Aero set(s) and have seen no issue with it backing out thus far.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryrifle
posted Hide Post
I didn't loctite my Mega and it is still maintaining the same tension after 200 rounds or so.

Henryrifle

Posts: 491 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: November 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
I got frustrated with mine, I couldn't get the tension adjusted just right. It was either too lose and the fit still sloppy, or else I couldn't quite close it. It wouldn't keep the same tension, and would back out too. Eventually I gave up and put in an accuwedge.

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post