SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Atlas bipod recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Atlas bipod recommendations Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted
Looks like I bought a ruger precision rifle in 308. It comes with nice glass but I want to "make it mine". Which atlas bipod do you guys recommend for this platform?

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
Actually, I don't. Atlas are all pic mount. A buddy tried to put one on his ruger and the pic rail kept coming loose. I'd recommend something that can mount on a sling swivel stud.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have the stock slotted for bench rest. Get a slot to piccatiny adapter then use the atlas.

Take a looke in my fixed scope thread. I use this on my kimber 82g and my anschutz 64mpr.

The other option is a versa pod. They are pretty spiffy also.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to like Atlas Bipods until I tried an LRA. The LRA was expensive (not the Atlas bipods are cheap!) but well worth the extra expense if you can afford it. The LRA is just another league above the Atlas...........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I have an Atlas on my RPR. It comes with a keymod Pic rail attachment. Make sure it is seated properly and torque it tight. I have 500 rounds through mine and no issues with the rail coming loose at all.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two PSR BT46-LW17 but recently got the new 5H BT35-LW17. I really like the 5H.

Posts: 282 | Registered: March 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
How do these GG&G bi-pods measure up? Any good?

https://www.gggaz.com/tactical-rifle-bipods.html

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post