SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Need longer stock for AR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need longer stock for AR Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted
OEM telescopic proves to be "too short" after all...

can't seem to find link for suitable longer non-telescopic/non-folding style.

Handled Hogue/Mini 14 that was pretty good fit but can not find any mention in their own website.

Tips anyone?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
Magpul fixed rifle stock?

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1192 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
A2. Has a great cheek weld. I'm an A1 guy myself.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
ACE AR/FX gives you screw-on spacers ("recoil pads"). You might look to see if they can give you the LOP you're after.

Hogue does offer a fixed stock; I don't know if they offer bolt-on recoil pads for more length.

http://www.hogueinc.com/tacrif...r15/buttstocks/fixed

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Try this?
https://www.vltor.com/shop/ar/...-a5-stock-combo-kit/

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
OEM telescopic proves to be "too short" after all...

can't seem to find link for suitable longer non-telescopic/non-folding style.

Handled Hogue/Mini 14 that was pretty good fit but can not find any mention in their own website.

Tips anyone?

M16A2 stock: Link

The Magpul MOE fixed stock: link

I believe that the A2 is a 14' LOP and Magpul claims that their fixed stock is 13.5. Magpul claims their MOE SL has a LOP of 8.8-14.1 and their MOE as 10.5-13.8.

Posts: 4548 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
A2 stocks are perfect for me.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
appreciate the link gents, this A2 & MOE looks like what I need to get suitable length of pull.

The A2 comes with all the tube parts.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post