SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Need longer stock for AR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need longer stock for AR Login/Join 
Picture of signewt
posted
OEM telescopic proves to be "too short" after all...

can't seem to find link for suitable longer non-telescopic/non-folding style.

Handled Hogue/Mini 14 that was pretty good fit but can not find any mention in their own website.

Tips anyone?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"Nothing like a Battleship appearing in the horizon to spur diplomacy"
COTEP # 362

Posts: 8372 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bashman
posted Hide Post
Magpul fixed rifle stock?

A man who does not read has no appreciable advantage over the man who cannot read.

Posts: 1115 | Location: Charlotte | Registered: July 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
A2. Has a great cheek weld. I'm an A1 guy myself.

Posts: 6031 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
ACE AR/FX gives you screw-on spacers ("recoil pads"). You might look to see if they can give you the LOP you're after.

Hogue does offer a fixed stock; I don't know if they offer bolt-on recoil pads for more length.

http://www.hogueinc.com/tacrif...r15/buttstocks/fixed

Posts: 23287 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try this?
https://www.vltor.com/shop/ar/...-a5-stock-combo-kit/

Bruce

"I cannot spare this man. He fights!"
-Abraham Lincoln

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats."
-PJ O'Rourke
“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

Posts: 3356 | Location: NV | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
OEM telescopic proves to be "too short" after all...

can't seem to find link for suitable longer non-telescopic/non-folding style.

Handled Hogue/Mini 14 that was pretty good fit but can not find any mention in their own website.

Tips anyone?

M16A2 stock: Link

The Magpul MOE fixed stock: link

I believe that the A2 is a 14' LOP and Magpul claims that their fixed stock is 13.5. Magpul claims their MOE SL has a LOP of 8.8-14.1 and their MOE as 10.5-13.8.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
A2 stocks are perfect for me.

Posts: 849 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
appreciate the link gents, this A2 & MOE looks like what I need to get suitable length of pull.

The A2 comes with all the tube parts.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"Nothing like a Battleship appearing in the horizon to spur diplomacy"
COTEP # 362

Posts: 8372 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post