SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    516 handguard
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

516 handguard Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
Am thinking of getting a 516 - but I hate quad rails.
Have poked around online but the only replacement rail I see is the Lancer.
I'm also not a fan of the composite material that one's made of.

Which brings me to two questions.

1) Does anyone know of any others that work with the 516?
2) Is Sig planning on making a newer model without the quad rail?

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1539 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4sigman
posted Hide Post
Lancer makes an extended carbon fiber model.

Posts: 275 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: April 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
With the Intro of the MCX, the 516 got kicked to the curb it feels like. Sig did update the handguards twice, but I believe they changed the barrel nut as well from when it was quad rail. The new design looks nicer and lighter... but not worth the coin to convert !

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the lancer carbon fiber extended rail. Expensive, but made a huge difference. Is there something specific about it you don't like?

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I jut hate the feel of it.
I like metal.

Posts: 1539 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah that's one of those personal preference things. No point investing in something you won't enjoy. Not any other options for this rifle unfortunately.

Will putting the ergo rail covers on make any difference to you in terms of how the quad rail feels? That could be an option.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I have a 716 with magpul rail ladder cover on it.
It makes it bearable.
I'd really like something a bit more than "bearable".