SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What are the best 10/22 upgrades?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are the best 10/22 upgrades? Login/Join 
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
That is rather slick. Cool

quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Magpul's stock for the take-down, is where it's at.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It makes for a short forend, but it's worth it. The stock has storage in it, it's well thought out.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The Kidd "Trigger Job" kit is absolutely worth it.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trophy Husband
Picture of C L Wilkins
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, a trigger mod is a big improvement. I like Kidd or VQ

This makes it easier to grab the standard 10 round magazine.

10/22 magazine pads

I've got a number of different extended magazine releases. They all were an improvement of the the stock ones. Here is one example of one of the longer ones...

Extended magazine release

There are as many aftermarket parts and whatnot for the 10/22 as there are for the AR. As someone mentioned, go to Coolguyguns.com and just start clicking until your wallet is empty. Sure is fun though.

CW

This message has been edited. Last edited by: C L Wilkins,

Posts: 3200 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
Arc,
I agree country.And most 22 guns had a vq up grade until Kidd came along,and a Kidd trigger is number 1.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
I couldn't stand it anymore, I'd been thinking on a 10/22 takedown for a while and planned on buying and building. However my local big LGS had a sale on blued, threaded barrel w/ mag and bag for $280 and I couldn't resist! So this has become my starting point. Based on the info earlier in this thread I ordered a fleet of Kidd parts and I have a BX Trigger and X22 Backpacker stock on order.

Ultimately I will get a scope I can "share" with my AR-15, I know, odd combo but these are my only two long guns so to speak (though that may not work!). Next up will be a Volquartsen barrel though. I have two 22 suppressors and will work this all in over time. I'll be prepared to swap to Kidd -10% springs for SV loads w/ the suppressors if need be too...

So what's the test 10/22 mag auto/easy loader out there? Any tips on these?

Thanks for all the combined info and happy shooting!

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
That's a purdy rifle arc.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
That's a purdy rifle arc.

Everyone needs a 10/22 takedown, and every 10/22 takedown should be in one of the Magpul backpacker stocks. The way the barrel fits in the butt makes it the compact package it should be.

Arc.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I've got a 10/22 carbine (that's the wood stock one with barrel band right?) that needs some attention. Can't justify a takedown at this point. Guys like you posting pics aren't helping my resolve though. Razz

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
I just installed my X22 Backpacker on my TD and WOW, what a fantastic setup. Optic cheekrest or not, looks great, works perfectly, what a deal for $100 (and some have gotten them cheaper than that!).

A Volquartsen barrel will be the next big addition. Then a better scope beyond the cheapy Sightmark Reddot I'm going to use for now. I have two 22 cans I can use (HTA G-Kestrel and a Sparrow).

I am really impressed with this setup, the X22 sold me on the whole project.

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I made the following modifications to my 10/22 (model 1256):

-VQ target hammer
-VQ Exact Edge Extractor
-VQ bolt release
-VQ extended bolt handle
-Kidd recoil buffer
-Bushnell TRS-25 red dot

I have to say that this gun is ridiculously fun to shoot and may be the most enjoyable gun I've ever shot. I'm tempted to get a Takedown or Target model and do something a little different.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post