SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone else fed up with Optics Planet?
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Anyone else fed up with Optics Planet? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxl:
Used OP in the past, slow but occasional good price.

Going to try again on a Vortex binoculars. Looks like ~25% lower than Midway or Amazon right now. No hurry so willing to roll the dice.

Wow, get lucky once in awhile.

Ordered, little less than Amazon and Midway, had a online discount, promotion $40 Gift card for free, free shipping and after tax almost $75 less than Amazon/Midway. And there's more!

Already received Gift card by email and tracking number for shipment.

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Report This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I had to wait 6 weeks for a muzzle device. Shipping dates kept sliding. Won't go back there again. Learned my lesson.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's gotta be ten years I've been telling people to avoid those frauds like the plague. They show items in stock when in fact they are not. They pay big bucks for SEO, so that when you search on an item, their site is at the top of the search results. Then, they pull you in with a price that beats everyone, and flat-out lie to you that they have your desired item in stock.

Then, they wait until they have sufficient orders with a particular vendor in order to get a price break by placing a large order, and then and only then do they actually order your item, which should tell you why it takes five months to get a holster from them.

A few years back, one of their reps showed up here, apparently well aware of the bitching in gun forums about their business practices. Oh, he reallyreallyreallyreally wanted to understand the problems and make them right. He reallyreallyreallyreally meant this. Really.

Yeah, you can guess where that pointless pile of horseshit lead- nowhere. Members deluged him with complaints about his employer and he tucked tail and took his bullshit generator out of here. Haven't seen him since.

Look, when you search for an item, just don't even click on their link. Just avoid OP entirely. They're never going to change and if you're foolish enough to do business with them, you will come to regret it. So, really, when you're using Google or whomever and an OP link pops up, don't even open it.

Ten years, at least, I've been saying this. We as consumers should be becoming more sophisticated and savvy about online shopping as time goes by, not less. Avoid these people. Just walk right on by.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered from them once in the past and my items took forever to get. It was about a month when they said they had it in stock and supposedly would ship in a couple days. They might have some "seemingly" good deals but not worth the hassle.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Vortex binoculars arrived today.Looks like it works out every once in awhile.

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Report This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Call them and get better prices than shown on website !
You think they really stock all they offer ? They are the middle man.
Buy direct if more money than time imo ... I've got the time.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I only ordered from them a few times. You have to wonder when a company can have such a wide variety of products.

Black friday I ordered archery broadheads from Dicks (I know) for 25% off. Of course they only give me half my order and claim limited supply. Optics planet was the only other place that could come close to that price. I ordered them and it took about 2 weeks. I didnt really care since archery season is still 6 months away.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No. It's baffling how so many people can have such bad experiences and I've never had a problem. I probably have about 10 orders with them in the past couple years. With the exception of a Shield RMSc that was out of stock everywhere at the time I've only ordered things that showed online on the web site and received everything I ordered. For the RMSc they estimated 4-5 week lead time and interestingly that's the timeframe when it ultimately shipped. As one or more have pointed out they run sales often enough and / or you can get discount codes easily enough.

Posts: 342 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 30, 2018Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Wish I had seen this thread a bit earlier.
I made my first order from OpticsPlanet this morning. I clicked on the check availability and said it was available.

I ordered a barrel for my 10mm AR build and then based my muzzle device purchase (granted from another site) on this barrel.
It is a 5.5” barrel most others are 4” or 8.5”.

How have I missed the OpticsPlanet warnings over the years?

Hopefully I get lucky. No huge rush thankfully.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
Wish I had seen this thread a bit earlier.
I made my first order from OpticsPlanet this morning. I clicked on the check availability and said it was available.

I ordered a barrel for my 10mm AR build and then based my muzzle device purchase (granted from another site) on this barrel.
It is a 5.5” barrel most others are 4” or 8.5”.

How have I missed the OpticsPlanet warnings over the years?

Hopefully I get lucky. No huge rush thankfully.

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them.
I just got in my Radian Bolt carrier, less than a week from order to door.
But... You do have to check availability before ordering, as you did.
They have only held one order in limbo and no one had it so you can't fault them for that.
I ordered a .308 rifle buffer tube from them and they sent me a LuthAR MBA 5.56 stock kit.
Between e-mails and calling I wound up ordering it from another source and got it in while I was messing with them about it. I just kept the MBA stock.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
To reiterate: This is not a fluke. Or a new development. This is what they are well known for.

Yup. Which is why I've never ordered anything from Optics Planet, and likely never will.

How quickly it was forgotten. OP decided to virtue signaling about not carrying standard capacity mags what more than two years ago. I and many others wrote them and they said tough shit. Fine by me other places to buy from. Benchmade knives decided they could also play fast and loose and destroyed guns for Oregon state troopers. They too said tough shit. We need to boycott these people. Them and all supporters of civilian disarmament whether Levi’s blue jeans or Panera bread. They need to be starved out. Let’s us not forget Dicks sporting goods, though they are shooting themselves in the head. These people contribute large sums of money to civilian disarmament candidates and causes. Google for companies that don’t think you should be armed, lots of them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: markstempski,

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Report This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
Guess I've gotten lucky. I've orderer from them 3 or 4 times and always gotten item within a 4-5 days after order. I guess's the blind squirrel finding an acorn.Smile

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
So when I ordered on the 29th and clicked the check availability button it said available.

Just got an email saying it will ship in 15-21 days. Roll Eyes

Looks like this will be my first and last order with these clowns.

Everything I ordered from Joeboboutfitters on the same day already arrived.

————————————————

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I scratched them off my Approved Vendors List years ago. The last straw was a throw lever for a scope (which they indicated was in-stock) that took forever to get.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I'll add my very recent experience. I'll usually search far and wide before considering Optics Planet but in this case they had what I wanted, in stock and at the best price. I ordered online Sunday March 29th, and received my item in perfect condition, just as described, yesterday, April 6th. Not bad considering the delays most firearm related retailers are warning customers about. Just my 2¢.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Report This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I ordered some small items from them yesterday, then I remembered this thread. Doh! Well, what's done is done, we'll see how it goes. Already disconcerting not to have a shipping ETA.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
And the douche magoos have extended my order again and hope for it to be available May 5th.

Guess who will never order from these clowns again?

————————————————

Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I've been looking for anyone with a 14" 870 barrel in stock. No one has them, not even Big Green.

So surprise, surprise, OP has them "in stock" and you can put them in your cart and pay for them...until you click the little link that says, "well, actually we expect to ship this in 10 weeks when we have them on hand".

Dicks.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
I haven't ordered from them in 5+ years, but used to have pretty good luck. Then their web site got really squirrely so I've just gone to more reliable sources (Midway, Brownells even Amazon) and even though prices might be a buck or two higher, the confidence level is well worth it.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post