SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone else fed up with Optics Planet?
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Anyone else fed up with Optics Planet? Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
OP has a notorious reputation on this forum. I’ve avoided ever placing a single order with them because of the constant complaints I’ve seen. Hope you find a vendor that meets your needs better than they do and soon.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
Give these guys a try.
I have ben to their retail location in Central Pennsylvania and they were very knowledgeable and had lots of stock.

EuroOptic

EuroOptic, Ltd | 635 N. Loyalsock Ave, Montoursville, PA 17754 | Phone: +1 (570) 368-3920 | Fax: +1 (570) 486-4037

Posts: 1776 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ You'll pay shipping and taxes, but their prices are sometimes pretty good. The big difference in my (limited) experience is that they'll tell you if something is out of stock and would therefore be back ordered if you ordered it from them. OTOH, I was happy with the service.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
+++ for Euro Optic. And Sport Optics, too. Both worked well for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Report This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’ve never been a big Optics Planet buyer, do have an account. I ordered two items last Dec, never clear if the one item was in stock, the 2nd backordered.

I let both go about a month then ordered elsewhere.

Posts: 6130 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
I order from them in the past. No real problems except slow shipping when you go cheapest shipping. So, don't order from them unless they got a great deal on something.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Report This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I might be shy some brain cells at this point in my life but all the reports on OP had the no thanks cortex kick in. I have done the bulk of my business with Midway for years and never had a issue. I have done some business with other sites that have proven reliable. OP...nope, never.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Poppy6x
posted Hide Post
Yes, I had similar problems with OP and that’s why I will never shop them again. Although more expensive and selection not all that great, but Midway is the best in my book. They will run free shipping every 2-3 weeks.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

Posts: 234 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: June 15, 2012Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I ordered from OP once, maybe over 10 years ago and it was terrible, the old "we list it in stock on our website, but don't have one to ship" bullshit. It took weeks to arrive.

They have been well known as a shitty company for years.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
They won’t cancel my order and are still emailing me that they’re “working hard to fill my order.” How did I not realize how awful these people are?

I’m gonna call my credit card company tomorrow, but this is extremely annoying. Never again. Fuck Optics Planet.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Optics Planet has a long-time history of hit or miss.
Learned the lesson long ago just to avoid them.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerBook:
Give these guys a try.
I have ben to their retail location in Central Pennsylvania and they were very knowledgeable and had lots of stock.

EuroOptic

EuroOptic, Ltd | 635 N. Loyalsock Ave, Montoursville, PA 17754 | Phone: +1 (570) 368-3920 | Fax: +1 (570) 486-4037

HUGE PLUS on EuroOptic.com. Good Prices and PREMIUM Service! When you are spending good money for things TRUST is extremely important. You can Trust EuroOptics you absolutely CAN'T trust Optics Planet!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yes I like Europtic too, no issues.

My main is usually Midway, simple, and efficient. I do dabble with others on occasion.

Posts: 6130 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I use them carefully, calling first to make sure they have the item on hand (literally on hand, I make that extremely clear and keep talking with them until I can find out for sure, even if I have to talk to other personnel etc.), and firming up the final price and actual shipping charges, ie, no estimates etc. Firm and final price, then pay with cc, and securing a tracking number. So far so good. But you're right, you gotta watch your back with this company, but to their credit they will sometimes bend to make the sale. I always feel the sales agent is working on a commision of sorts.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Used them about ten times, never had a problem!

Posts: 27 | Location: Pa | Registered: October 27, 2019Report This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I've used OP numerous times without any issues, and often have the best prices around so I don't mind waiting a bit for the item to arrive if the price is good.

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Report This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
ordered from them once. Got half the stuff I ordered, never heard another word from them. I called, and they said they couldnt get my parts from the factory. Done with them right then. I got what I wanted elsewhere.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Bushnell spotting scope from them a few years ago. There was no indication that the product wasn't available. After ordering I immediately got a message that the scope was back ordered and it took weeks to get it. Never ordered from them again.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Used OP in the past, slow but occasional good price.

Going to try again on a Vortex binoculars. Looks like ~25% lower than Midway or Amazon right now. No hurry so willing to roll the dice.

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a couple of Safariland holsters from them last October. It took 5 months to get them. By the time they e-mailed they had shipped them, I had long ago forgotten even what I had ordered. If memory serves, they didn't tell me at the time I placed the order that the materials were not in stock. It was only after placing the order that I received a message saying both holsters were on back order.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Report This Post