SIGforum
Anyone else fed up with Optics Planet?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/2010039664

February 25, 2020, 07:06 PM
Leemur
Anyone else fed up with Optics Planet?
OP has a notorious reputation on this forum. I’ve avoided ever placing a single order with them because of the constant complaints I’ve seen. Hope you find a vendor that meets your needs better than they do and soon.
February 25, 2020, 08:16 PM
PowerBook
Give these guys a try.
I have ben to their retail location in Central Pennsylvania and they were very knowledgeable and had lots of stock.

EuroOptic

EuroOptic, Ltd | 635 N. Loyalsock Ave, Montoursville, PA 17754 | Phone: +1 (570) 368-3920 | Fax: +1 (570) 486-4037
February 25, 2020, 08:54 PM
Il Cattivo
^^ You'll pay shipping and taxes, but their prices are sometimes pretty good. The big difference in my (limited) experience is that they'll tell you if something is out of stock and would therefore be back ordered if you ordered it from them. OTOH, I was happy with the service.
February 25, 2020, 09:31 PM
YooperSigs
+++ for Euro Optic. And Sport Optics, too. Both worked well for me.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
February 26, 2020, 05:07 AM
sourdough44
I’ve never been a big Optics Planet buyer, do have an account. I ordered two items last Dec, never clear if the one item was in stock, the 2nd backordered.

I let both go about a month then ordered elsewhere.
February 26, 2020, 08:17 AM
ed308
I order from them in the past. No real problems except slow shipping when you go cheapest shipping. So, don't order from them unless they got a great deal on something.
February 26, 2020, 10:17 AM
TRshootem
I might be shy some brain cells at this point in my life but all the reports on OP had the no thanks cortex kick in. I have done the bulk of my business with Midway for years and never had a issue. I have done some business with other sites that have proven reliable. OP...nope, never.
February 26, 2020, 10:24 AM
Poppy6x
Yes, I had similar problems with OP and that’s why I will never shop them again. Although more expensive and selection not all that great, but Midway is the best in my book. They will run free shipping every 2-3 weeks.

Sigs, HKs, S&Ws, Rugers, Wilsons, Nighthawks, Colts

February 26, 2020, 11:54 AM
oddball
I ordered from OP once, maybe over 10 years ago and it was terrible, the old "we list it in stock on our website, but don't have one to ship" bullshit. It took weeks to arrive.

They have been well known as a shitty company for years.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
February 26, 2020, 06:54 PM
esdunbar
They won’t cancel my order and are still emailing me that they’re “working hard to fill my order.” How did I not realize how awful these people are?

I’m gonna call my credit card company tomorrow, but this is extremely annoying. Never again. Fuck Optics Planet.
March 03, 2020, 11:24 AM
smschulz
Optics Planet has a long-time history of hit or miss.
Learned the lesson long ago just to avoid them.
March 03, 2020, 02:36 PM
djpaintles
quote:
Originally posted by PowerBook:
Give these guys a try.
I have ben to their retail location in Central Pennsylvania and they were very knowledgeable and had lots of stock.

EuroOptic

EuroOptic, Ltd | 635 N. Loyalsock Ave, Montoursville, PA 17754 | Phone: +1 (570) 368-3920 | Fax: +1 (570) 486-4037

HUGE PLUS on EuroOptic.com. Good Prices and PREMIUM Service! When you are spending good money for things TRUST is extremely important. You can Trust EuroOptics you absolutely CAN'T trust Optics Planet!

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................
March 04, 2020, 07:26 AM
sourdough44
Yes I like Europtic too, no issues.

My main is usually Midway, simple, and efficient. I do dabble with others on occasion.
March 06, 2020, 06:56 PM
wrightd
I use them carefully, calling first to make sure they have the item on hand (literally on hand, I make that extremely clear and keep talking with them until I can find out for sure, even if I have to talk to other personnel etc.), and firming up the final price and actual shipping charges, ie, no estimates etc. Firm and final price, then pay with cc, and securing a tracking number. So far so good. But you're right, you gotta watch your back with this company, but to their credit they will sometimes bend to make the sale. I always feel the sales agent is working on a commision of sorts.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
March 06, 2020, 08:06 PM
Doc in Pa
Used them about ten times, never had a problem!
March 06, 2020, 08:06 PM
darkest2000
I've used OP numerous times without any issues, and often have the best prices around so I don't mind waiting a bit for the item to arrive if the price is good.
March 06, 2020, 08:31 PM
LtJL
ordered from them once. Got half the stuff I ordered, never heard another word from them. I called, and they said they couldnt get my parts from the factory. Done with them right then. I got what I wanted elsewhere.
March 07, 2020, 05:55 AM
Micropterus
I ordered a Bushnell spotting scope from them a few years ago. There was no indication that the product wasn't available. After ordering I immediately got a message that the scope was back ordered and it took weeks to get it. Never ordered from them again.

March 09, 2020, 07:56 AM
wxl
Used OP in the past, slow but occasional good price.

Going to try again on a Vortex binoculars. Looks like ~25% lower than Midway or Amazon right now. No hurry so willing to roll the dice.
March 09, 2020, 10:51 AM
Abn556
I ordered a couple of Safariland holsters from them last October. It took 5 months to get them. By the time they e-mailed they had shipped them, I had long ago forgotten even what I had ordered. If memory serves, they didn't tell me at the time I placed the order that the materials were not in stock. It was only after placing the order that I received a message saying both holsters were on back order.

+