SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    KelTec RDB-S. Yes. Glowing Range Report
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
KelTec RDB-S. Yes. Glowing Range Report Login/Join 
Picture of arcwelder76
posted Hide Post
The unadorned barrel doesn't bother nearby shooters, but it's not subtle. If the handguard can't handle the heat, I might just chop it flush.

Arc.

"Like a bitter weed, I'm a bad seed"- Johnny Cash

"I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel." - Pee Wee Herman

Rode hard, put away wet. RIP JHM

"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 26247 | Location: Love that dirty water, oh | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInWV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
So, I had an idea. I called KelTec and ordered the RDB-C handguard. It comes about 3/8 past the muzzle. I'm not sure when I can go shoot it.

I am intrigued....how much clearance is there around the muzzle device with that set-up? I was kinda thinking that'd would be nice with a SilencerCo ASR flash hider. Would a suppressor fit in there?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."
- Jim Elliot

Posts: 15446 | Location: Cross Lanes, WV | Registered: February 05, 2004Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
posted Hide Post
I quite like the look of it with the RDB-C handguard on it. I look forward to seeing what you think once you get it to the range configured so.

Posts: 10612 | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Picture of arcwelder76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
So, I had an idea. I called KelTec and ordered the RDB-C handguard. It comes about 3/8 past the muzzle. I'm not sure when I can go shoot it.

I am intrigued....how much clearance is there around the muzzle device with that set-up? I was kinda thinking that'd would be nice with a SilencerCo ASR flash hider. Would a suppressor fit in there?

Clearance is decent, 3/16-1/4. Easy enough to remove more, it's not essential. It'll go to the range at some point for some trial by fire.

Arc.

"Like a bitter weed, I'm a bad seed"- Johnny Cash

"I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel." - Pee Wee Herman

Rode hard, put away wet. RIP JHM

"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 26247 | Location: Love that dirty water, oh | Registered: June 09, 2004Report This Post