SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    PSA 10.5' $169 upper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA 10.5' $169 upper Login/Join 
posted
Anyone else take advantage of this upper during the 4th of July sale? I purchased one and it arrived today. My goal was for an inexpensive build for my first 5.56 SBR and I think I achieved it. If you have one of these uppers, how does yours run?

Aimpoint H1 4moa w/ Laure mount
Magpul SL hand guards
GG&G BUIS
YHM 5.56 QD FH
YHM 5.56 QD
Toolcraft NIB BCG
Milspec CH

Lower
RRA SBR lower (I've had this lower almost 20 years)
Spikes H2 buffer w/ standard carbine spring
Magpul stock
Magpul grip
Standard FCG

As she arrived to me.

All prettied up.

Ready to get quiet.

Quiet.

Where she will live when fully tested for reliability.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Nice, but it should be on the other side, leaning against the nite stand ... Since it doesn't really fit under the pillow Razz

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw that deal. It was especially tempting as I already have a spare PSA Premium BCG and Raptor CH.

Range report and buffer used with the can when you get a chance. Enjoy!

Posts: 607 | Location: Washington State | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the same upper except with an inch longer barrel. It’s been flawless. The CMMG 22lr kit runs great in it too.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's a nice set up you have there.

PSA shipping times have been getting good lately. I've been tempted by their 4th of July flier, which I'm still receiving.

But my question is: can we have too many guns? Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
Lower

Ok, so this part has piqued my interest. Have you had it SBR'd for those 20 years? Did it play host to other NFA uppers during that time or was it waiting all this time for a short upper?

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
I ordered one yesterday. it will (eventually) become my very first NFA item. I am gonna put it on a pistol lower first though.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
I bought one about 6 or 8 months ago. I built a pistol with it. It's fun to shoot. I love it.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
That's a really clean looking blaster! I like it! Smile

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Broke down and ordered one as well. This is the 17th time I broke the "I'm finally done building ARs" rule.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Broke down and ordered one as well. This is the 17th time I broke the "I'm finally done building ARs" rule.

Don't feel too bad, I'm right there with ya, if not a couple ahead ... I've also broke the "No More NFA rule" a couple times ... now I'm thinking only 4 more and I'll have an even 30 ... but then 26 is a round number too

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Originally posted by usncorpsman:
Lower

Ok, so this part has piqued my interest. Have you had it SBR'd for those 20 years? Did it play host to other NFA uppers during that time or was it waiting all this time for a short upper?

Lol....I SBR'd this lower when you could still do multi caliber lowers and not a specific caliber. An integrally suppressed 9mm upper (LRM M169) has lived on the lower since day one. It shot so well, I just left it there. I shoot my SBR MKE94K 9mm more these days, so it was time for a short 5.56 upperBig Grin.

Posts: 1096 | Location: Orange Park, FL. | Registered: November 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today was finally a day without rain here in sunny Florida so I made it a range day . I Ran 140 rounds of American Eagle MSR 223 through the gun with zero issues. Accuracy was more than acceptable for a 10.5' gun, 4moa red dot and this inexpensive ammo. There was no issues hitting a 8' Shoot N See target at 100 yds over and over. The gun also shot to the same POA suppressed and unsupressed. That was refreshing as that same can has a POI change of 2' on my other gun. I also shot a few 62 grain Speer Gold Dots at 100 yds. They landed in a nice 1.25" group. . The little guy is a shooter for sure with quality ammo.

The gun is a little over gassed. Ejection was at 2-3 o'clock suppressed or suppressed. I am running a Spikes 4oz buffer instead of a standard 3oz Carbine buffer. The gun ran very smoothly with this combination.

All in all, this was $169 well spent. The Speer GD is my HD/SD ammo and is way more accurate a than the intended role of a SBR.

50yds American Eagle MSR .223 5 shots unsuppressed

50 yds American Eagle MSR .223 5 shots suppressed 5 shots unsuppressed to show the same POA/POI

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I have s couple of the PSA 10.5" uppers.
One like yours the other is their CHF FN barreled upper..
Both have been flawless for the past 5 years.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
I have one of their 10.5" uppers on a pistol build. It's a great setup.

I really like the look of Magpul's newer slim-line heat shields. I may have to break down and get a set.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post