SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT) moving from IL to IA UPDATED JUL 1 WITH VIDEO OF THE NEW PLANT
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT) moving from IL to IA UPDATED JUL 1 WITH VIDEO OF THE NEW PLANT Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
LMT is still a small operation. Their parts are out there but you have to be patient and keep an eye open. They have gotten a lot of contracts lately so that makes things even harder. Back in March I decided to put together an LMT MWS with their MARS-H lower. I'm going to use all LMT parts (well except the stock and grip, those are Magpul). The lower is complete and I'm on the lookout for the barrel, BCG, and upper. For the quality I'm willing to wait. Hopefully by Christmas but if not oh well. I also picked up a MARS-L lower just to have after seeing the quality of the -H.

Keep an eye on their website in the near future. I know that they have a new contract with Eastonia. There's hope for over-runs!

I picked up a New Zealand Barrel (5.56) for dirt cheap! Only difference is the bayonet lug is at 3:00 instead of 6:00.

I'm waiting for the enhanced bolt and BCG, and this AR is done. Somewhere down the line, I'll pick up a ACOG for it.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Good on LMT!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Last time I was at Ables Ammo they had LMT AR’s in stock.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
All I know is I bought a couple of lowers several years ago. Really like them. Soon after they were gone and their products became virtually non existent on the retail market.

When and if they come crawling back it won't be easy. Especially after milking the gov tit for so long. Making their products price competitive will be a pill for them to swallow. I am not holding my breath.

They don't have to make price competitive products, they just have to be top kitchen which goes without being said. Loom at KAC, not competrice in the least and it doesnt affect them. Not every AR manufacturer has to have a price point product. There will always be people who will see the value in quality bonds and be willing to pay for it.

I doubt they'll need to crawl back anywhere, they're standing just fine as they are and will grow stronger when they start getting more products to market.

Yeah, the "PSA is just as good as anything else crowd" has a hard time believing anything else.

KAC / LMT and other specialized manufacturers have a business plan and are executing it.

Civies get the leftover capacity and pay, or they don't.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I have come close to getting an MWS in 308, but it never seems to happen.

Do it, you will not regret the purchase. Great rifle.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post