SIGforum
Larue Triggers on sale

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/1980086224

April 22, 2017, 10:42 PM
ed308
Larue Triggers on sale
LaRue shipped my two MBT's on Thursday and UPS delivered them on Friday. I had order 4675XX.
April 22, 2017, 11:30 PM
lkdr1989
Mine got shipped on Wednesday, shipping says 26th for delivery.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
April 23, 2017, 11:14 AM
rangeme101
I ordered at 1500 CST day of the email and nothing so far. I'll follow up on Monday. Thanks.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."
April 23, 2017, 11:17 AM
IndianaBoy
Got mine yesterday.

Installed it last night. Range trip at 2pm.

It feels great in dryfire. More defined wall and break than my SSA. I think I will still favor my JP single stage, but can't say for sure without some range time.
April 23, 2017, 09:26 PM
IndianaBoy
Shot today in fairly high wind.

Didn't notice the trigger as I was breaking shots. I consider that to be high praise. If you are shooting and simply don't notice the trigger, that means the trigger is doing everything it is supposed to. Not as light and a longer reset than my single stage JP, but probably the best 2-stage I have pulled. Very crisp, very positive reset, felt great.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: IndianaBoy,
April 24, 2017, 07:12 AM
ed308
Don't think I heard of too many people not liking the MBT. And at $99 for a two stage trigger, it's hard to beat.
May 02, 2017, 06:45 AM
rangeme101
This is not a product rant.

"That means they will ship immediately !!", quoted from email.

Ordered 4/14

Week later still sitting in "Pending" and no charges to CC.

Emailed to make sure all was good and was told "still working on it".

4/28 charged my CC at end of day for order.

5/1 email received "order completed". That's it, just said ordered completed. No it's in the mail or will be going out this week. Thanks for waiting we got in over our heads on this one and some didn't go out "immediately".

5/2 received UPS email with tracking. Being sent via UPS Sure Post. Handing it off to USPS instead having UPS do it all. I paid for UPS shipping.

5/5 scheduled delivery.

If, that is, if it gets here Friday that's 3 weeks for a I quote "That means they will ship immediately !!" with 2x exclamations.

Disappointed. I have a few Larue mounts, great products. Went to their inaugural come out and shoot all our stuff for free several years ago, when I lived in TX, and had a great time. Bought some products there also. Have a Christmas Dillo from '05 that I still use regularly. Wore their hat for years until it started to fall apart. But to say hey we sell over 1000 triggers a month and folks really like our $99 trigger sales so we made ahead of time enough for immediately delivery, then take 3 weeks to receive it with no contact until shipping email is sent, no thanks.

I hope this trigger is the bees knee that everyone says it is.

I don't mind waiting if that is told up front but don't say immediately delivery and take 3 weeks to do it.

May 02, 2017, 09:57 AM
IndianaBoy
quote:
Originally posted by rangeme101:
This is not a product rant.

"That means they will ship immediately !!", quoted from email.

Ordered 4/14

Week later still sitting in "Pending" and no charges to CC.

Emailed to make sure all was good and was told "still working on it".

4/28 charged my CC at end of day for order.

5/1 email received "order completed". That's it, just said ordered completed. No it's in the mail or will be going out this week. Thanks for waiting we got in over our heads on this one and some didn't go out "immediately".

5/2 received UPS email with tracking. Being sent via UPS Sure Post. Handing it off to USPS instead having UPS do it all. I paid for UPS shipping.

5/5 scheduled delivery.

If, that is, if it gets here Friday that's 3 weeks for a I quote "That means they will ship immediately !!" with 2x exclamations.

Disappointed. I have a few Larue mounts, great products. Went to their inaugural come out and shoot all our stuff for free several years ago, when I lived in TX, and had a great time. Bought some products there also. Have a Christmas Dillo from '05 that I still use regularly. Wore their hat for years until it started to fall apart. But to say hey we sell over 1000 triggers a month and folks really like our $99 trigger sales so we made ahead of time enough for immediately delivery, then take 3 weeks to receive it with no contact until shipping email is sent, no thanks.

I don't mind waiting if that is told up front but don't say immediately delivery and take 3 weeks to do it.

2 things:

I don't think they expected the deal to go viral quite like it did. They sold over 2500 triggers in about a day.

From a thread on Arfcom, it seems like those delayed the most were those who added other items like grips of varying colors to their order. Those who ordered just the trigger with Tac got shipped the fastest.

I know it sucks to wait longer than expected but that is a lot of product to package up. Mine shipped fast but it was a simple order. Just the trigger and housing.
May 02, 2017, 09:59 AM
IndianaBoy
quote:
Originally posted by rangeme101:

It's very good, especially for $99. I like my JP single stage more but it was more than twice the money.
May 02, 2017, 09:37 PM
ed308
The wait for these triggers wasn't that bad. When they put them on sale for Christmas, it was over a month before I got the one I ordered. I read where some waited for over 2 months for their order. For a 1/2 sale, I be very patient.
May 08, 2017, 09:29 AM
IndianaBoy
I am liking this MBT.

10 shots, 8 hits. 568 yards. 1-5x optic. 55gr Geco ammo. A bit windy but mostly from directly behind with some gusting.

May 08, 2017, 10:11 AM
tha1000
Does anyone know if these work with ramped bolts in 9mm Ar's?

May 08, 2017, 10:24 AM
IndianaBoy
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:

From what I can gather... it depends.

Some report no issues, some have sporadic problems, some wouldn't work at all. I think it has to do with disparity between makers of 9mm stuff.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_...Rue-MBT-.html&page=1
May 08, 2017, 02:02 PM
tha1000
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:

From what I can gather... it depends.

Some report no issues, some have sporadic problems, some wouldn't work at all. I think it has to do with disparity between makers of 9mm stuff.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_...Rue-MBT-.html&page=1

Awesome. So it's just like every other trigger! thank you for your time.

May 16, 2017, 11:17 AM
rangeme101
I did receive the trigger on 5/5. 3 weeks from the date ordered. I could really care less how long it took to get to me. my beef is the way they bragged about how many they sell so they did a big stockpile build up for "immediate delivery". 3 wks is not immediate delivery. I did add a black grip, to try out and the safety. like the idea of being able to try out triggers without constant install/uninstall on a lower. so maybe that did add some time but adding a grip to the already advertised trigger and test fire assy (TAC) unit really takes what a minute.
in the future ill take those words from them with a grain of salt.

had to be out of town for a little. haven't installed and made it to the range yet. but since it came in the TAC I have done some dry firing with it to compare to an installed RRA 2 stage and a Mil-Spec trigger.

until some range time this is my observation.

grip is hard ass hell like a standard A2 grip, which I don't like. I have been using MagPul MIADS for years and really like them. worth the $10 to try it out but I'll still use MagPul.

TAC is cool and does it job as designed. definitely easier than swapping triggers in lowers and a great way to compare side by side.

the trigger though, not impressed. with all the 5 star reviews (I have a word on that also) and all the online reviews I have read made me think this thing was going to be better than sliced bread. my RRA 2 stage feels better than the MBT. the RRA pull is nicer and breaks cleaner in my opinion. the MBT feels stiff. improvement over mil-spec of course. my RRA only has a few hundred rounds through it so I wouldn't think that should make much if any difference. ill install the MBT and get some use, maybe it will feel better once I use it some. and ill see if it helps with trigger control and grouping.

I am glad I didn't spend the $125 just for the trigger as I would have rather spent that on a RRA 2 stage. (Right To Bear has the RRA 2 stage on sale for $79, great price for a great trigger). and definitely glad I didn't feel the need to have it right now and spend $175 for it. I feel for folks who spend $175 for the MBT.

my swag was a dillo opener. didn't get a copy of the constitution or any bumper decals. which is was going to give to my kids for some bedtime reading. hoped for some dillo dust but ill take the dillo opener any day, thanks.

side notes...

I attended the NRA show in Atlanta. AGL had a booth with all the Geissele triggers in dry fire stands. I spent a good bit of time going back and forth, side by side, narrowing down my likes with those things. and now with the MBT dry firing the same way, my preferences in order are....

G2S
SSA
RRA 2 stage
MBT

I have LaRue scope and reddot optic mounts and love them. cant say enough good about them. both lever and VFZ mounts. have paid full price and discounted show prices and previously owned prices. wouldn't change a thing about them. but the trigger just didn't hit me like the mounts do. and why does everything on LaRue website have 5 dillos? surely someone out there doesn't like one of their products a full 5 dillos, just saying.

May 16, 2017, 11:49 AM
IndianaBoy
I have an SSA and a MBT. I prefer the MBT, crisper break.

Some guys on arfcom have reported that the trigger feels much better in an actual lower than it did in the TAC. I didn't notice that myself but I only pulled it a half dozen times in the TAC, which had no grip installed, so it was really no comparison of note.

I've never pulled a RRA 2-stage. So far the only trigger I own that I like better than the MBT is my JP single stage. But that is a fully adjustable trigger.
May 17, 2017, 08:39 PM
ed308
Rangeme101..., The MBT will feel different installed in the AR compared to the TAC. I like the trigger in my ARs but not in the TAC.
June 07, 2017, 07:05 AM
SIGfourme
They are back on sale, $99.
FYI. (Again)
June 07, 2017, 09:32 AM
choang3
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
They are back on sale, $99.
FYI. (Again)

I just saw that. Picked up a couple. They're damn good triggers, and for that price they are a steal!
June 07, 2017, 11:52 AM
lkdr1989
Yep, saw the email this morning and ordered another Smile

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV