SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Sig WHISKEY3 2-7X32 MM Riflescope
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig WHISKEY3 2-7X32 MM Riflescope Login/Join 
posted
I am looking for a good but reasonably priced 2-7 riflescope. Does anyone have any experience with the Sig WHISKEY3 2-7X32 MM Riflescope? There is not a lot out there from users .

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
I looked through a 3-9x WHISKEY and honestly, it was the worst glass I have ever looked through. However, it was deeply discounted, maybe it had an imperfection.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3623 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ouch. I noticed several online companies no longer carry Sig scopes. That could be the reason.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Ive looked through several and never found them to be terrible. Not Alpha glass by any means but then again the price isnt either. Typically Leupold or Nikon get the nod from me in that price range.

What are using the scope for?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I've had the Redfield Revolution 2-7X33 for about 10 years and I have been pleased...it's basically a Leupold VX-1...made in the USA by Leupold under the old Redfield name...

https://www.amazon.com/Redfiel...e%2Caps%2C241&sr=8-2

The Leupold VX-Freedom series seem to have good glass for the money (I have the 4-12X40)...I am satisfied with it also...from what I understand the VX-Freedom series is replacing the VX-1 and VX-2 series...

https://www.amazon.com/Leupold...558&s=gateway&sr=8-3

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

posted Hide Post
I have a Vortex 2X7. Been great so far!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16001 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 2×7 whiskey3 on my Ruger American Ranch 450 Bushmaster for a little over a year. I have put around 100ish rounds through the set up and it has held zero perfectly.

The glass is very clear and the 450 bushmaster is a larger recoil round, so for the scope to hold up like it has is very impressive.

I picked mine up on sale from Sig for $120 shipped, I am not sure of another scope in that price range that can do what this scope can.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post