SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger just announced a .40 Carbine !
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger just announced a .40 Carbine ! Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
If they'd make it, I'd be in like Flynn- I have to wonder if the PC could handle the 10mm and solve several problems...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15556 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
If they're going for reliability and longevity, 10mm may be questionable for a blowback gun, even one with a dead blow retardation system like the PC Carbine.

I don't know that they'd be able to do it based on the standard PC Carbine configuration, whereas other calibers like .40 and .357 can be accommodated with just a bolt face, barrel, and spring swap.

But I could see them perhaps working on a "large format" PC Carbine that is not only set up for the bigger .45/10mm magazines, but would also incorporate some other changes in the internals to be able to better handle 10mm (heavier bolt, stouter springs, maybe some buffers, etc.). Call it the "PC-L Carbine" or something.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully a 10mm using GLOCK magazines is in the works for future release. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3067 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Ya get yourself the back end of a 40, the front end of a 9mm, and a 357 SIG chamber reamer....

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Link to all models: https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

Damn, that new handguard is ugly as sin, and no interest in a .40 version from me. I like the Talo FDE version of the original though.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Can’t comment on the usefulness of the MLok version but I think it looks pretty damn neat.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, the MLok forearm looks way better than the splinter that was the original design. It looks like it belongs on another gun, and is the reason the gun looks "bent".
Ruger says they will sell the MLok forearm as an accessory down the road, if you have the splinter gun.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FrankMoses:
Ruger says they will sell the MLok forearm as an accessory down the road, if you have the splinter gun.

...and so The Wait begins.

I like the Ruger free float handguard much better than the others currently on the market. My first choice before seeing these was the one that used the Aero AR handguard with the top cut out

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14180 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Midwest Industries has released a free float handguard for the Ruger PC and a few other small parts.

https://www.midwestindustriesi...tible-p/mi-crpc9.htm

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Although I feel the same regarding the 40, I do have two Glocks(22 & 23), thirty plus magazines, and close to 1K in ammo. I will have to get one of the 40 carbines, just because!

Now, like everyone else, a 10MM will be the shit, if Ruger can pull it off!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
My first thought when I saw the new Ruger rail was "man if you add a drum it would look like a modern PPSh"

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
40 cal. Cool. It’s like it’s 1998 all over again.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2318 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Ya get yourself the back end of a 40, the front end of a 9mm, and a 357 SIG chamber reamer....

now you're talking, I bet the 9mm feed ramp would be alright.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
My first thought when I saw the new Ruger rail was "man if you add a drum it would look like a modern PPSh"

Doesn’t it come with a Glock mag insert? If it does a drum mag is entirely possible.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post