SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    10.5” AR Pistol Upper Recommendations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10.5” AR Pistol Upper Recommendations Login/Join 
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted
I’m in the market for a complete pistol upper in 5.56. I want 10ish inch barrel. What are some recommendations? Not necessarily looking for a budget build but I don’t want to overpay just for namesake.

Posts: 600 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I purchased a complete 10.5" upper with their PSA M-Lok handguard, BCG, charging handle, Magpul sights and KAK flash can last year on one of their "daily deals"...they still pop up from time to time, you just have check the PSA website or sign up to receive their emails...

I have been very satisfied with the upper and it has been flawless with every brand of ammo I have used in it...

EDIT...I just checked the "Daily Deal" email and they have no 10.5" .556 uppers showing...while I was there I checked my old orders and the 10.5" upper I purchased in September of last year was $329.99 with free shipping...

I've seen them at least 3 times at the same price since then on the Daily Deals...you just have to keep checking.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
You might look at Primary Arms. I got a SOTA 10.5" complete upper with keymod? m-lok? handguard for $200 back about November.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Another vote for psa,I have an 10.5 and an 11.5 inch and both run flawlessly.
they were out of the 10.5 so I took the longer one at the time.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
I purchased a complete 10.5" upper with their PSA M-Lok handguard, BCG, charging handle, Magpul sights and KAK flash can last year on one of their "daily deals"...they still pop up from time to time, you just have check the PSA website or sign up to receive their emails...

About the best deal out there, imo. I kept forgetting to get one, every time it pops up for sale. Too many things going on. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Just be aware that virtually all of the PSA deals are non-chrome lined bores- not that it matters to the average shooter (it does not to me). Some people are funny about that particular, but if you’re not shooting corrosive stuff or thousands of rounds, it won’t matter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gearhounds,

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Just be aware that virtually all of the PSA deals are non-chrome lined bores-

Some are non-chrome lined because they were Melonite/nitride treated, which is preferred by a lot of folks, actually.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
The 10.5 PSA m-lock just just popped up on daily deals so, based on your recommendations, I decided to give it a try. Thanks for the feedback.

Posts: 600 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Just be aware that virtually all of the PSA deals are non-chrome lined bores- not that it matters to the average shooter (it does not to me). Some people are funny about that particular, but if you’re not shooting corrosive stuff or thousands of rounds, it won’t matter.

Most of them are nitride treated. I have several of them and they shoot great.

I don't think there is any corrosive 5.56 floating around anymore.

Chrome is fine, but lack of is not a deal breaker IMHO.

Posts: 14124 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post