SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Uzi owners: what did you buy and why?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uzi owners: what did you buy and why? Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
duh ... I didn't, but I should have.

One of favorite shops called me yesterday, they have a transferable Model B with a couple mags and soft case, $8,500

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:

One of favorite shops called me yesterday, they have a transferable Model B with a couple mags and soft case, $8,500

Eek

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:

Eek

It's a registered receiver, guys had it for about 10 years, I'm highly motivated, but I've also got my youngest starting collage in August ... the "little woman" doesn't usually say anything about my habit, but that might be pushing it too far ... sure I could flip it in 7-10 months for 12-14K when I take possession, but she also knows it probably wouldn't happen Wink she knows me too well.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:

Eek

It's a registered receiver, guys had it for about 10 years, I'm highly motivated, but I've also got my youngest starting collage in August ... the "little woman" doesn't usually say anything about my habit, but that might be pushing it too far ... sure I could flip it in 7-10 months for 12-14K when I take possession, but she also knows it probably wouldn't happen Wink she knows me too well.

Yeah but a registered receiver is much more flexible than a sear. You can shoot .22LR, .380, 9mm, and .45 acp out of the same UZI, if I'm not mistaken, that is if you buy the appropriate parts for each caliber.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Correct, with the UZI, the other way to go is a registered bolt ... which limits you to the caliber as the caliber head is cut into the face of the bolt.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

Yeah but a registered receiver is much more flexible than a sear. You can shoot .22LR, .380, 9mm, and .45 acp out of the same UZI, if I'm not mistaken, that is if you buy the appropriate parts for each caliber.

Transferable UZI sears are far less common than registered receiver and registered bolt conversions. Fleming and Qualified registered some UZI sears. They are far less common than RR or registered bolt. I’ve only seen one for sale since I started following MGs in the mid 90s.

An unmarried sear would be able to use any caliber bolt and barrel, but this is not black and white as the full-size Uzi blocking bar would potentially limit the options for a FA bolt, as a FA bolt has to be slotted for the receiver. A slotted FA bolt that itself is not a registered conversion device forever marries to the registered sear to the host and bolt. A registered sear installed in a mini or micro could use different bolts with different calibers.

http://www.uzitalk.com/referen...es/FAconversions.htm

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2314 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

Transferable UZI sears are far less common than registered receiver and registered bolt conversions. Fleming and Qualified registered some UZI sears. They are far less common than RR or registered bolt. I’ve only seen one for sale since I started following MGs in the mid 90s.

An unmarried sear would be able to use any caliber bolt and barrel, but this is not black and white as the full-size Uzi blocking bar would potentially limit the options for a FA bolt, as a FA bolt has to be slotted for the receiver. A slotted FA bolt that itself is not a registered conversion device forever marries to the registered sear to the host and bolt. A registered sear installed in a mini or micro could use different bolts with different calibers.

http://www.uzitalk.com/referen...es/FAconversions.htm

As always, thanks for the clarification! More stuff I had no idea about!

posted Hide Post
I agree an Uzi in semi w its 16” bbl would not be ideal: the choices are a SBR w a $200 tax stamp and maybe an 8-10 month wait or a full auto. The last I looked a few years ago, they were about $6000. Years ago a transferable BG full auto bolt was $480 and a Model A IMI Action Arms carbine was $1050! I thought that was high.

I enjoy my Colt SBR AR-15 in 9mm. That is an idea to consider. It is fun to shoot and inexpensive to operate.

Posts: 2558 | Location: Ark, USA | Registered: January 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redlickranch
posted Hide Post
I found a Century UC9 for $650 at one of my local shops. Came with a few mags and the shop owner said he shot 50 flawless rounds through it. I bought it and it will fail to eject about once or twice per 30 rd mag where the case is backwards in the bolt. Guy said he would give me my money back , but I decided to keep it since I always wanted an UZI. I have ran about 500 rounds through mine over the last 6 months. It is pretty accurate for what it is and fun to shoot. I once saw surplus +P ammo at the Machine Gun shoot at Knob Creek and wondered if that would help my feeding issue. It's still a fun Range gun, but renting a full auto one is more fun.

Century Version....

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1047 | Location: Bluegrass State GO CARDS!!! | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post